Part 8

Stefania's POV

Two days. I've only met Danielle two days ago and I already feel this connection with her. I'm not sure what it actually is but this feeling I have never felt it before with anyone. Her smile is contagious and her laugh even more. Every time I see her smile it makes me feel some type of way. I'm I going insane?

Danielle: What should we pick up for dinner? (She asked pulling me out of my thoughts) I mean I can cook but I don't want to poison you on your first visit. (She said laughing)

Stefania: I can cook for us Bella. Just tell me what you want. (I said looking at her with a smile).

Danielle: Absolutely not. You're a guest. I don't make my guest cook. (She said shaking her head)

Stefania: Please Bella. It's totally fine. I love cooking. I can make us pasta?

Danielle: Ok fine but I'll help! (She said pointing at me)

Stefania: Deal! (I said smiling at her)

Once we were done getting the things, we needed from the hotel we headed to the grocery store. We started getting snacks and baby food for Lucy. 

Danielle: I usually use this brand of pasta. (She said showing me a box of pasta) is this one good?

Stefania: No! Absolutely not Bella. (I said grabbing it from her and putting it back).

Danielle: Wait aren't we making pasta? (She asked confused)

Stefania: Yes. But we are making pasta from scratch. (I said grabbing more ingredients)

Danielle: Wait you don't use box pasta? I mean you probably do when you don't have time right? (She asked surprised).

Stefania: No. Never! I grew up watching my mamma making pasta from scratch and a bunch of other stuff. Trust me after you have tried homemade pasta you will never want to buy box pasta again. (I said smiling)

Danielle: I'll hold you up to that! (She said with a smile)

Once we made it to Danielle's house and she opened her door we were met by the cutest dog ever.

Stefania: Oh my god he's so adorable! (I said petting his head as he licked Lucy's toes while she was sleeping.)

Danielle: Looks like he found a best friend! (She said smiling)

Stefania: yes! So cute. (I said smiling).

Danielle: Ok come I'll give you a tour of the house. (She said excited).

Once she showed me where everything was, we got straight to cooking while Lucy was sleeping. 

Danielle: So, is your family still in Italy? (She asked as she was putting the wine in the fridge).

Stefania: Ah yes. My papa and brother and his family as well as my sister and her family. My mamma died a year after I moved to London. (I said feeling tears coming to my eyes but quickly wiped them)

Danielle: Oh, I'm so sorry Stef. I didn't mean to make you sad or bring down the mood. (She said with a worried expression)

Stefania: It's ok Bella you didn't ruin anything. (I said offering her a small smile). My mamma was the most important person in my life. She supported me in every crazy idea I had. When I told her that I wanted to go to London she was the one who bought me the plane ticket saying that if that was going to make me happy then she will support me even though my papa wasn't too happy. He wanted me to follow the family business which was running the family restaurant. The last time I talked to her we had a long conversation. I told her that I was not only Interested in men but also women and she told me she knew. I was shocked to say the least. She said a mamma always knows. She said she didn't care as long as I still gave her grandchildren. (I said laughing at the memory.) It just sucks she didn't get to meet Lucy. She would have loved her. (I said wiping my tears.)