We don't make any progress we're stuck at the beginning,

Notes:

First of all thank you to every single one of you who reads this story, it means the world to me.

Just want to point out again that I never really got into the Flash and only saw like the first Season, maybe years and years ago. So, I'm not that familiar with the characters but doing my best here.

*******************************************************************************      

We don't make any progress we're stuck at the beginning, don't celebrate quite yet, the storm is coming

Felicity

She had contacted Cisco, as Oliver had told her to, and let him know what had happened. Well, that her equipment had been destroyed and needed to be replaced and if he could help her. He had agreed to come to Star as soon as possible, but that he needed to take care of something in Central City first, just as well. That gave her some time. Oliver and Dig had gone home, the former to talk to Quentin and ask his input, Thea to school and Laurel had needed to make an appearance at work. This gave her the perfect opportunity she's been looking for, for hours. Felicity contacted Alena again, requesting they meet up so she could ask her for help in finding anything about the location from the video Thea and Laurel had brought with them from Opal City.

Felicity still wasn't entirely sure what to make of her friend's offer and whether she should join Helix or not, but she knew they had resources and ways of getting information she didn't have. And every minute they weren't able to locate where Joanna was being held and save her meant it was another minute the poor woman was being hurt. She'd tried everything she could, but she was at her wit's end. Alena and Helix were their best chance to get the information they needed to save Joanna.

And she was sure Oliver and Dig would see it the same way she did. Whatever means necessary, right?

A small voice in the back of her mind questioned the validity of that thought, given her decision not to mention the organization and asking them for help to either of the two men, nor the two women who were usually more open in that regard. Pointing out that Oliver would probably not be okay with this, because she was adding a quantity in the mix he didn't know and involved strangers he wouldn't want to have involved, given his reluctance when it came to recruiting the new vigilantes. Oliver really didn't like to bring in people or organizations he didn't know into their missions. She was shortly reminded of her choice to ask Barry for help after Oliver had been fatally wounded and the repercussions that choice had brought with it, given Oliver's trust issues. But that had turned out great in the end, the two of them being thick as thieves now. So she had been right, and he had been wrong about questioning her decision.

She had told Barry in order to save Oliver's life; she was asking Alena for help, to save Joanna's. This did not differ from the situation with Barry years ago. She hoped if she told herself that enough times, she would eventually believe it.

There was also an internal debate if her choice of not telling Oliver was the right one and if it wouldn't just add more fuel to the fire already burning everything they've had, everything they've been to each other, down. But she knew Helix was their only chance. And Oliver might refuse their help and refrain from involving them simply because of his policy. If they brought the results they were seeking, did it really matter? Maybe he'd see that all she had done, all she was doing, was in order to help. To get them the results they needed to save their city and right now, more importantly, Joanna.

The feeling of doubt and the voice inside of her head that sounded suspiciously like her ex-fiancé telling her that this was a bad idea, that she shouldn't agree to the deal, or she'd probably end up regretting it intensified when Alena explained to her what they expected her to do in exchange for the information she was seeking.