Chapter Seven

The Game Night

“You knew.” Chase said, barging into his mother's office. Naomi looked up from her files with a confused look.

“I know a lot of things, Chase. Be specific.”
She said, looking back at the papers in front of her.

“You knew Vampires are in town!” Chase said accusingly.

“Ah that I do. Which is why I gave you the necklace.”

She answered casually, taking no notice of Chase's anger which only made him more furious.

“Why didn't you tell me?” He asked.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Noami retorted, looking up at him again. She leaned back slightly.

“Because I was compelled.” He replied sharply, outraged

“Well now you have the vervain necklace, that should do the job.”
Naomi shrugged.

“That's it? No, 'how are you with all this?'  or  'Have they done something to hurt you?'  or... Are you not worried about me at all?”

His voice took a miserable tone that he didn't like. But he couldn't help it any longer. He was hurt and tired. His mother knew there were vampires in the town, she knew he could've gotten hurt or worse killed. Yet here she was doing her work and ignoring his existence as per usual.

“I worry enough. Which is why I've given you the necklace, it will protect you. Since you're incapable of doing it yourself.”

There was something condescending about the way she said it. Chase scoffed and blinked away the slight wetness in his eyes.

“Right, because I was prepared of my life to tarnished by a bunch of undead creatures all along.”

“That's not my fault, Chase. The only thing you can do is to accept this is your reality and go on with your life. And like I've said, practice if you wish to survive.”

She stood up and walked out of their muttering a small Goodnight. Chase stood there for a few more seconds. Feeling as though he had been abandoned. There was solid pain in his chest.

Being pushed aside by the person who is supposed to care about you more than anyone was a different kind of heartache. One that the sober mind couldn't take. So Chase did what he always did. He got drunk.

........

The next day he could go to school because he was hungover more than ever. And also because he just didn't have the strength to get out of bed. He texted Elena.

Elena <3 :

I'm not coming to school today.
I have a cold.

Do you have any medication?

I'm good.
I will be fine in a day or two.

You are not drinking, are you?

Show a little faith in me.

Okay. Okay.
Jeremy said you are not answering his calls.
What did he do?

Nothing.
I just need some space.
I'll text him.

He's doing better, Chase.
Atleast he's trying.
And I think it's because of you.

That's good.

Okay, take rest.
If you need me to come over,
a call or a text, OK?