Joshua Lou

Jessica King was making out with Josh when he got the call. He pushed her off him so he could answer it but he never could of guessed what he was about to hear. "Honey can you look after yourself tonight? My friends daughter has got hit by a car." His Mum said sadly. Josh tried to hide his excitement as he replied sarcastically "Mum I'm sixteen I can spend one night by myself." "Ok, but be safe!" Josh hung up. One whole night with his girlfriend. Awesome. Josh resumed his place kissing Jessica until the phone rang again. It went to voice mail: 'Joshua' his mum never used his full name 'get down to the hospital right away'. Jessica jumped off him as he raced to get his keys. "Josh, what are you doing!" Shouted Jessica from the couch. Josh appreciated having the hottest girl in school as a girlfriend but right now he needed to get to his mum as fast as possible. "Hun, you know you mean a lot to you but now is not the time", Josh stumbled into some shoes and almost pushed Jessica out the door as he ran for the car.

Was his mum in trouble? What had happened? Why did she sound so urgent?
The questions swirled in his head as he drove to the local hospital.
A lot of people called him 'mama's boy' but he just liked to call himself loyal, whenever she was in trouble he was there for her even if that meant ditching a night with the hottest girl in the school.
Josh was everyone would call 'hot' with his 6-pack swimming abs, to die for smile, olive skin and and short, brown hair that was always in his eyes, by to Josh he looked ugly, never good enough. Josh was always at swimming practice, that viola lesson or maths extension but that didn't keep him from being the most popular guy in his grade.

The local hospital was about five kilometres from his house, but as the trees rushed past his window it seemed like it was always out of reach. Then he finally saw the broken sign that had deteriorated from age and now said 'Welcome o Brisingale ocal hospi al' and raced into the small carpark surprised to find it almost full and found a park near the back.

Joshua raced into the hospital and looked around in alarm. "Where's my mum!" He demanded, scaring the receptionist with his bulky build.
Then Joshua fainted.
Or at least that's what he thought happened.