Chapter 7: Radiator Springs Speedway

At the speedway, the sponsors were there, and Jackson's were there, and he saw his boss.

"Okay Storm," he said, "Even though you're not part of the team, you required us to help you. Quicksilver doesn't know about this."

Jackson smiled, and one of the pitties filled him up.

He saw the van, and winked at him.

With Lightning and Cruz, they were getting ready themselves, when a red formula one race car with the number 1 came up to them.

"Hey! Lightning McQueen!"

"Hey Francesco," said Lightning, "Good to see you too."

"Well, I see you have changed your paint as well!" said Francesco, as an engine roared behind Cruz.

"HAHAHA! KA-CHIGA!"

"Chick, Hicks," said Lightning, "What are you doing here? I don't remember inviting you

"Chick, Hicks," said Lightning, "What are you doing here? I don't remember inviting you."

"Oh, well, I heard you were racing here," said Chick, "And I thought, 'Hey! This would be a good time to prove who's the better racer: Me, OR ME!'"

"No no no no no, Francesco, is the best here. Not Chick Hicks, who plays dirty!"

"Besides," said Lightning, "You already beat me."

"People say I only won that race because you were helping the King! So I'm here to prove them wrong!"

"Well, good luck to ya Chick," said Cruz, "Also, maybe tone down on the ego. It's a bit much."

Chick then took off back to his pit, and Lightning said, "Just ignore him. He's just grumpy."

"Will the racers please come to the starting line?!"

So, everyone got out onto the track. After a practice lap, Chick pulled up to Cruz, saying, "So, you're Lightning's prodigy? Not what I was expecting. I mean, this is man's country, little girl. You better run home to mommy and daddy while you still can!"

"Hey, leave her alone!" snapped Storm.

"Oh, is someone angry?" asked Chick, only to get spit on by Jackson.

"HEY! WATCH THE PAINT!"

"Then watch your mouth," said Storm, as he got into position.

The five cars, along with some others, got into position behind the starting line.

10 laps, winner takes all.

Storm looked at the track, and racers, and felt nervous for the first time in years.

(1:16) Just then, there was a count down, and the flag waved.

They took off, and Lightning made sure to draft behind some faster cars.

Chick meanwhile, was starting to make progress.

With Storm, he was actually fighting against Francesco.

"How are you this fast!?"

"Francesco, has no fenders, and very streamlined! So, he is very fast!"

Jackson then got behind Francesco, and they held the top two spots.

The second lap was under way, and Lightning started to pass racers, after a little drafting.

With Storm, he was behind Francesco, and not making much progress.

Just then, Cruz took the lead, surprising them both.

"HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?"

Chick then slightly tapped a car in front of him, and the car hit the wall.

Soon, they reached the fifth lap, and Cruz was still in the lead.

Francesco tried everything he could to get ahead, but nothing worked.

Lightning was passing through, and was in fourth place.

Chick, meanwhile, was in fifth.

Francesco was trying to pass Cruz, but couldn't catch up.

Just then, Storm passed Francesco, with Lightning right behind him.

Chick then went behind Francesco, and followed him.

Soon, the final lap was around the corner, and Cruz had a big lead. However, Jackson and Lightning were right behind her.

"Hey Storm," said Lightning, "Just before crossing the finish line, you'll have enough speed to pass."

Soon, Chick had been slowly picking up speed, and was about to cross, when Storm cut off the opening, and took the lead, and took first place.

Cruz was second, and Lightning was third.

Chick was fifth, and Francesco was fourth.

"HOW!?" said Chick, "I RACED FAIR THAT TIME!"

"How long was it since you raced?" asked Cruz.

"AAAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!" said Chick, "THIS ISN'T OVER! I'L GET REVENGE! YOU'LL SEE!"

Chick then left the track, and headed back to his tv studio.

"Not bad, for Rookies," said Francesco.

"Thanks," said Cruz.

"Not bad yourself," said Storm, "I actually had some trouble getting ahead there."

"Hey Storm," said a voice.

It was the sponsor of IGNTR.

"That was impressive! Just like what you pulled on McQueen. Well, now that we see the fuel we give you works, yo-"

"Actually," said Storm, "I had something else to run on."

Just then, the bus came forth, and said, "He was filled up with my home made organic fuel. Didn't want your illegal fuel anymore."

"STORM! YOU TOLD THEM!?"

"I'm not racing for you anymore! Hey, Lightning, does Tex still need a spot on the Rust-eze team?"

"Yeah, you want it?" asked McQueen.

Jackson smiled.

Later...

At Ramone's, Jackson was in a booth, and was given a new coat of paint. Jackson was still in his black paint, and had the blue storm symbol on his sides. However, he had the Rust-eze logo on his hood, and bumper, along with the number, 95, on the back of his front fenders.

"Wow, this is actually impressive!" said Storm.

"I know," said Ramone, "Just goes to show, you can never go wrong with paint."

"I'm coming for you Silver."