Chapter 8: Thomasville

Jackson was in his trailer, thinking to how to beat Quicksilver.

"Alright," he said, "Time to see a real winner race."

Jackson then opened his trailer, and came out to see something he didn't expect to see during the trip.

"What? Why am I here? I need to qua-"

"So, Jackson Storm. Never thought I'd see you around here."

Jackson turned around, to see an orange Hudson Pick Up Truck, with some paint peeling from his body.

"Um, can I help you?" asked Storm.

"Name's Smokey," said the truck, "And Cruz had your hauler bring you here."

"What!? But.... I need to qualify for the race! Get ready for the season!!"

"New rookie, right?" asked Smokey, "Stole everything from you because you were cocky."

Jackson tried to retort, but only said, "Yes."

".......You'll never be faster than Quicksilver, but you can be smarter."

Smokey then lead Storm to the track, and he saw Cruz there. She had a sticker on her rear saying, 'Quicksilver'.

"Why is Cruz here?" asked Storm, "You need to get to California, to qualify. You'll be dead last if you don-"

"You need a stand in," said Smokey, "Now, you got three laps to catch Quicksilver. I was told you know how to turn on this track, right?"

"Y-Yeah, I have some experience on this."

"Then go!!"

Cruz then took off, with Storm following behind her.

Jackson tried to catch up, but Cruz was too fast for him.

He was only just a foot behind.

"Well, looks like we got some work to do," said Smokey.

On a hill, Guido was on a trailer with hay bales with Smokey pulling it.

"Now, reflexes are the main thing you need to work on!! Dodge these!!"

Guido then threw the hay bales, and Storm was quick to dodge, "THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THIS ON A SIMULATOR!!!"