A Pocket Knife And A Fist Fight

Trinity's POV

I sat in bed reading a book because I had nothing better to do. I had been reading for about an hour so I decided to finally get up, putting on a casual outfit and hoodie as I walked out my bedroom and towards the living room. The TV was still on from when River watched it before going to bed, she must've forgot before she fell asleep last night. I turned off the TV and set the remote on the coffee table before walking to the kitchen and making myself some coffee.

The outfit:

I turned on the kitchen light and got everything I needed ready

I turned on the kitchen light and got everything I needed ready. Sugar and milk sat beside me as hopped up and sat on the counter, waiting for my coffee to finish. I heard movement coming towards the kitchen, which I assumed was River. My assumption was presumed right as River entered the kitchen, her eyes a bit red and puffy from crying the night before and her face a bit red with a few bruises. She rubbed her eyes before walking up to me, "What time is it?" River asked. "It's 10:14." I replied, hopping off the counter and grabbing my coffee mug from the machine. I added two spoonful's of sugar and poured in some milk and stirred it all together, "Do you want any coffee?" I asked River, a small smile on my face. "Sure, with lots of sugar and milk though." She replied.

I got another mug and put it under the machine, adding the coffee into the top and waiting for it to make the coffee. River smiled softly, "Thanks for letting me stay here last night." "No problem, that's what best friends are for." I said as I grabbed her mug after the coffee was finished and added a few spoonful's of sugar, "More sugar?" I asked, "More sugar." She replied and I chuckled a bit. I added more sugar and then some milk and a bit of ice since she told me she doesn't really like hot coffee before. River smiled, "You remembered?" She asked. "Of course I did." I replied with a smile. We each took a few sips of our coffee as we talked before we decided we wanted to go out and do stuff.

"I might be able to go home and get some clothes if my mom isn't there. Wanna come with me?" River asked as she finished the last bit of her coffee. "Sure." I replied. I got off the counter and went with River to put our shoes on before I grabbed my keys and pocket knife. I locked the door after we walked out and put my keys and knife into my pocket before we began walking down the sidewalk all the way to her house.

*Time skip to when they get to River's house*

River's POV

"Do you mind coming with me inside? Just incase she's, you know, inside." I asked Trinity as we stood in my driveway. "Sure, lets just hope she isn't here or else." She replied as she grabbed out her pocket knife. We walked to my front door and I grabbed the spare key from under the flower pot before unlocking the door. We walked in and I closed the door quietly and locked it back. Trinity walked ahead of me to make sure we were alone, "Okay, we're good." She said and turned to me, her closing the knife with a sigh and still holding it in her hand.

"It's sad you have to have someone, let alone someone who has to carry a knife, just for you to come get some clothes from your own house." Trinity said as she looked at me, a bit of anger and pity evident in her facial expression. "Don't worry, let's just get in and get out before 1:00pm and we'll be fine." I said, I knew my mom would be home by 1:00pm since she always wakes up early to go run errands on Saturday's. "Okay, just pack a bag with all your clothes. You're gonna come stay with me for the next few days, okay?" Trinity said as she looked around trying to find my room. I chuckled, "Okay, thanks again by the way. You've done so much for me even though we barely talked for like 2 months." I replied as I walked infront of her and opened my bedroom door.