- Nausea -

By LVCK

𝙸𝙽 𝙿𝙻𝙰𝙸𝙽 𝚂𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃
շ, շօ, շՅ

"Why are we here again?" I asked nervously as I looked out the window in horror.

The sky was starting to dim and the mall wasn't just creepy, It was plain disgusting. Blood puddles everywhere along with some flesh tossed all around the furnitures that really didn't fail to capture my nose. Everything is smeared with human remains at some point and it showed.

And it was a mall. We weren't surrounded with lanky, loser college sleep and loved deprived students anymore. We were in a big city center mall, who knows what kind of deformed evolved flesh eating fucker we might run into?

"To get supplies." Dream replied, looking alarmingly eager to go inside. "You said we're just here to get food?" I kept myself seated where I was comfortable, my lips pursing in a thin line.

Does this guy really have a death wish?!

"If we're getting risky, might aswell do it right." He answers with, simply. "Then go get risky on your own then, I don't want to fucking die yet!" I whisper-yelled, looking petrified and shrunken in my seat.

"It won't be that bad, Come on." Dream continues to convince me as he stops the car, making me glance at the zombies in pure panic.

"They're smarter than toddlers, Dream. How the fuck are you planning on getting past those?" I whisper-yelled again, not wanting to make too much noise.

"Then they'll need a distraction." Dream turned to me with a knowing look. I instantly started to reject his idea.

"Okay. What about this, I distract them and you go." I sighed audibly. Many things could go wrong, What if his distraction don't work and I get trapped and die inside?

At the same time, I can't be selfish about this, knowing that Dream's been considerate enough to switch roles with me even if it meant putting his life in grave danger.

I'm just going to walk in, get what I want and leave. It can't possibly be that complicated, It's basically an in-and-out mission, except with zombies that could chase you out, probably.

Dream suddenly grabs my unlocked phone and made his contact in. "Call me when you're done and if I don't pick up, I'm probably dead and one more thing." I glared at Dreams statement as he goes through his pocket. "My sister, Drista. Is supposedly in there, take her with you when you get out." He smiles and hands me a picture whilst my heart drops.

"She's about a few inches shorter than you and she's foul-mouthed, watch out for that." I didn't respond, only focused on the picture, admiring how much his sister resembled him.

I didn't know what to say. Maybe it was the unbothered look on Dream's face that made everything worse. It was so pure, it was almost as if this apocalypse hadn't processed in his mind just yet. What if Drista was dead? How was I going to break the news without breaking his heart?

A million thoughts crossed my mind but I only managed to nod. I knew I shouldn't have bought his hopes up like this but what was I supposed to do? "Here. I saved this for something like this." Dream hands me a bottle of water I didn't even know I needed until now.

Why was he being so nice? This was so unlike of him. It's only making my situation worse.

"You're gonna need it more than I do." My voice was quiet and weak as I avoided his eyes. "We should go before it gets dark." I said and Dream unlocks the doors for us to get out.

I let out a heavy breath and stretched my limbs as soon as I was out of the car, my baseball bat practically glued to my hands.

"Be quick." Dream states before heading forward first towards the building. "Be safe." I mumbled as I let myself get left behind.