Chapter 38

"It is all over twitter... People are going crazy because of the fact Chris is engaged... It is still trending on Twitter." Skyler says through the phone and i sigh... "I know we have been informed..." I say and sigh again... "Informed...?" You haven't seen it?" She asks and i chuckle... "No i dont have to see that shit show... I dont need the stress of what people i dont know think... I am happy so i dont care what anyone else thinks" I say and now Skyler chuckles... "Wauw... Elle that is so... Not like you... I like this confident and self-aware side of you..." Skyler says and i chuckle...

"Yeah, i guess Chris brings out the best in me..." I say smirking and Skyler laughs... "Yes, he does... I just wanted to check in and make sure you are okay..." She says and i smile... "I am absolutely fine..." I say and she listens for a second to see if i really mean it.

But i do mean it and i haven't been on Twitter or Instagram anymore... I dont bother, there will be people who will say nasty things just because i am with Chris... Some people won't like the way i look the age difference or whatever. To protect myself and the baby i just dont go down the rabbit hole of reading the reactions on Twitter or Instagram...

Chris had posted a picture of us together to confirm the rumors... The photo that was taken right after he had proposed... Megan had gotten call after call, for confirmation or request for interviews after the photos had gotten out... Chris declined and posted the photo and that was that.

I catch up with Skyler for a little longer and we will meet up for lunch in a few days... I was going to ask her to be my maid of honor... Although we haven't picked a date yet and wanted to wait to get married to after the baby was born i wanted to ask her already... I also think we can go to this little baby store in Hartford... Just a few things as i am itching to buy something for the baby... Maybe Chris was right about the whole nesting thing... I have been cleaning a lot and we have decided to make the nursery in the room next to us, so Chris had pulled out the heavy stuff while i gave it a deep clean... It was ridiculous as it still had to painted and such but i just wanted to clean it, so it was ready...

A lot has happened in the last 3 days... We have found a doctor. Had an appointment at our doctor again with a surprise look at our baby as the doctor just wanted to do a quick check for herself... We had dinner at Lisa's which was lovely and fun... She kept hugging me and telling Chris he had to take good care of me... I assured her he was doing that... We showed her the pictures and video... She got all tear eyed and looked just so happy to be a grandma again...

Chris just hugged her with a big smile on his face... It was really nice to see her so happy. to see Chris so happy because his mother was so happy... Carly and Shanna came over later in the evening and Chris proudly showed him the ultrasound again... I swear it was like he had grown even taller as he just beamed of pride...

Chris walked into the room and smiled kissing me before he lifted my shirt and planted a kiss on my stomach making me giggle... "Just here to remind you i am having a zoom call for a pod cast this afternoon..." He says and i nod... "Dont worry i will stay clear..." I say smirking and he sighed... "I dont care about that..." He growled and kissed me hungerly... "Where are you setting up?" I ask and he smirked... "I was going to sit here in the kitchen with all your pretty plants in the background..." He says and i smile... "What is it about?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders... "Nothing specific... I did tell him i won't answer questions about us..." He says and i nod...

"Confirming was one thing... But the rest i would like to keep private..." Chris says and i nod and kiss his cheek... "I agree they dont need to know every detail..." I say cupping his dick through his pants giving him a little squeeze with a smirk on my face before i walk out of the kitchen to install myself on the couch with my book... I left Chris standing there frozen...