Prologue - Death

3rd pov

"Looks like I came just in time!" A crater emerged as Y/n and Yami landed infront of an attack and deflected it.

Asta couldn't move his body as he is badly injured but his eyes have given him enough to see who protected him.

"Brother... Captain..."

'That attack when I deflected it. It wasn't made with mana but of compressed mana.' Y/n thought.

"Oi bastard. Just what-" Y/n's body instinctually moved to the side as another attack fired from Dante.

"Y/n L/n." Dante smiled. "The strongest magic knight close to the Wizard King of the Clover Kingdom."

"Yami Sukehiro. User of Dark magic and ki." Dante's smile turned into a creepy grin.

"What are you planning?" Y/n asked Dante being in a defensive stance.

"The release of devils in this world! The release of humanities greatest emotion! The release of malice!" Dante yelled. Laughter soon took form .

"This bastard..." Yami muttered. "Guess we'll have to knock this guy out."

"Combined Magic: Amaterasu's Fury!"

Yami's katana enveloped itself in darkness with black flames at it's edge ready to disintegrate anyone and anything.

Y/n's flames turned to an alluring black color it's temperature and power being at its highest. Nothing can escape the heat nor survive a single spark of the flame.

At their best, Yami and Y/n launched themselves at Dante and moved faster than what he can see.

Two slashes graze Dante deeply as blood flowed out of his chest. Caught by surprise Dante falls back but steadies himself.

"Omoshiori" Dante laughed. "To think a combined effort your magics would damage me to this extent. I'm almost jealous, it's amazing!"

"I'll show you the power of a human who's a host of a devil! I'll show you the world's most powerful emotion against you!" Dante yelled with a grin.

"Then we'll show you the power of a human who surpassed their limits!" Yami and Y/n simultaneously said.

"Then behold my power! 80% of a devil's power!" Dante changed his body as it now encompasses horns, a tail, and more black colors. "Come! Humanities strongest!!!"

'The hell is all that mana coming from?!' Y/n thought. 'Its like he has an infinite supply of mana!'

Both individuals stood there not wanting to charge at Dante without knowing the dangers it could entail.

"If you won't come to me then I'll come to you!" Dante smirked.

"Gravity Magic: Black Hole!" Stretching out his hand, Dante spawns a black mass that flies straight to Yami and Y/n.

Dodging the attack, everyone sees the sheer power of it as it hits a mountain, erasing most, if not all of the mountain.

'Nani?!' Everyone looked at the mountain in shock and fear.

'This guy is no joke!'

'Thats one damn of an attack.'

"Flame Magic: Atomic Friction!"

"Dark Magic: Dimensional Slash!"

Both attacks from Yami and Y/n launch at Dante but another Black Hole is sent and bends Yami's dimensional slash and 'eats' Y/n's atomic friction.

"Shit! Yami now would be a good-" Y/n cut himself off as he felt mana behind him. Ducking, he sees Dante failing to punch his back.

Sending an upper cut to Dante with his black flames, Y/n momentarily stuns Dante and distances himself away.