Chapter 7 Part 2 - Frozen End

After Rimuru's near-death experience in battling Hinata, he teleported to a cave that resided outside of Tempest and is being used as an escape route by Souei and the R&D group of the nation. 

Upon being in the cave, Souei looks injured along with Gabiru appearing to be handling the situation with maturity. According to Souei and the crystal ball, the current situation within Tempest is uncertain.

"According to Souei, there seems to be a barrier surrounding Tempest. If the crystal ball fails to connect with others, it could indicate the presence of magicules jamming the signal." Soka stated to Rimuru. "Souei-sama tried to enter the barrier but as you can see, he's injured."

Souei glared at Soka, "Don't worry about me."

"Then who put the barrier?" Rimuru asked the group. "Y/n is off the list since he doesn't have a reason. Milim either as she's his rival. That just leaves unknown people doing this."

"It was the humans from the Falmuth Kingdom. There was confirmed moments ago that they acted with aggression when they came into the city. Though there is still a large army coming this to sweep the city in ruin." Souei answered.

Rimuru, in his slime form, didn't waste any time and ordered Ranga to run to one of the entrances/exits of the city. 

~~~

Seeing the barrier up close, Rimuru jumps from Ranga's back, turning into his human form. Walking close to the barrier, Rimuru places his hand on the barrier and lets Great Sage analyze the barrier to pass through.

"Analysis complete: The barrier is comprised of anti-magic on the inside and holy magic on the outside of the anti-magic barrier. The dual magic barrier can be negated with the skill: Multi-barrier." Great Sage completes her analysis and explains the analysis.

"Yosh. I can enter the barrier but before I do," Rimuru looks at Souei and the others ordering them, "Find out who is erecting the barrier and measure their strength. Don't engage them either. Ranga, you stay in my shadow. Gabiru, you stay survey the sky and inform me of anything." 

"But how do we contact you through the barrier?" Souei asked Rimuru.

"Use this." Shooting out a magic-based string that is protected by the multi-barrier skill, Souei, and the others will be able to contact Rimuru.

With that, everyone does their orders, leaving Rimuru alone who runs inside the barrier and makes his way to the official building of the nation. Running through the street of the nation, Rimuru sees many buildings that are broken and cut by attacks. 

Taking a right, Rimuru makes his way to what looks like to be a makeshift hospital for the injured and wounded.

Rigurd is the first to see Rimuru and quickly run-bows at him. 

"What happened here Rigurd?" Rimuru asked. Seeing all the destruction and chaos of the city made him fail as a leader.

"T-that..." Rigurd gulped at the question. "W-we only have a small problem that's all Rimuru-sama."

"Rigurd. Don't lie to me. What happened?" Rimuru's face turned serious.

Then an expulsion rocked the ground. Smoke coming from the city's guest house where Princess Noelle is being held at. If something were to happen to her... Rimuru wouldn't want to know what Y/n would do.