Chapter 14: New Problems

It's a nice beautiful day in the lake where Y/n and Noelle reside. The weeks after Clayman's defeat and the retrieval of their child have left them in quite a situation where they spend way too much time with Hanabi. Never letting their sight go off the girl as they don't want a repeat of what happened.

Because if it does. Hell will break loose in this world and there will be no one to stop them.

But that is for another time.

As of now, the two love heads indulge in daily activities with their child up on the surface. Hanabi builds a sandcastle all by herself that is easily twice her height. This accomplishment makes Y/n and Noelle cheer at their daughter.

But then the water from the lake came and made the sandcastle damp and weak, eventually causing the magnificent creation to fall and break over.

"C-castle!!!" Hanabi cried over her creation and went into a crying fit, running to her mother

"C-castle!!!" Hanabi cried over her creation and went into a crying fit, running to her mother. "Water bad! Water bad!"

"There there; Hanabi." Noelle counseled Hanabi. "It's okay. You can always make another."

"B-but!" Hanabi didn't continue further as she cried even more.

Y/n vowed to burn the lake's water as it made his pride and joy cry!

"Darling," Noelle called out to Y/n. A smile etched on her face as she pointed out into the forest. "Please take care of us."

"What that supposed to mean?" Y/n question.

'Sand. What's the situation over there?'

'According to the direction to where Noelle-sama pointed there are a few individuals heading this way with bloodlust. Most likely assassins, unknown from who.'

'How many of them then?'

'Estimated amount... 7.'

"7 assassins huh?" Y/n groaned. "Great... Well, it is good timing for my sword training results."

Clapping his hands together, Y/n summoned a sword made of pure fire taking into account the spell Asta's punk-like friend had that made him have a fiery baseball bat.

"Noelle please take Hanabi inside the resort home. I'll make quick work of this." Y/n ordered.

Nodding, Noelle grabbed the now-sleeping Hanabi into their resort home for safety. Pleased with not having Hanabi see, hear, or wake up from the horrors that are about to happen.

"Come you bastards. Let's dance!" Y/n gripped his sword and dashed into the dense forest that he knows like the back of his hands.

              ~~~

Out somewhere in the city of Tempest. A heated battle ensues between Geld and an unknown opponent.

Aiming his huge cleaver in front of him, Geld blocks several blows from the unknown attacker. Twisting his cleaver to push the attack out of his range, Geld summoned his shield to defend.

"Damn orc!"

Flames emerged out of the attacker as his cloak burned to the sky. An oni- no an evolved one.

'His aren't black like Benimaru's or Lord Y/n's. This shouldn't be too hard to deal with.'

With a roar, Geld ran to the oni holding his cleaver to his side and his shield Infront of him. The oni attacker in a fit of self-fueled rage charges at Geld.

*boom*

Their weapons with a deafening sound that breaks the ground. But it didn't clash with each other as Rimuru came and stopped the two from reaching.

"Alright. I think that's enough." Rimuru commented. "Why not talk it over?"

"The hard way or the easy way." Rimuru forced his aura onto the oni attacker.

              ~~~

Rimuru sat down on the floor sipping some tea. "I see. Well that's all in the past now they are safe and happy here."

The oni who introduced himself as Hiiro, dove his head down. "Still I let my anger drive my actions. Forgive me."

Rimuru waved his hands dismissing Hiiro's guilt. "It happens. Just make sure to control it and we're good."

"Hai."

"Well, now that you explained your backstory, what other reason do you have to be here?" Rimuru asked.

"The kingdom of Raja needs to cultivate but we don't have any land that is usable. So I was sent here to-".

"Cultivate in the forest. Well as long as you don't cause problems I don't really care. Right, Veldora?" Rimuru finished Hiiro's sentence and looked at Veldora who's reading manga.

"Hm? Oh yea. I don't care." Veldora waved his hands.

"There you have it--!" Rimuru stopped as he felt a demonic aura heading his way.

"I object to whatever is happening here." Y/n entered the room. "I'm very pissed off and need an explanation."

Throwing 2 people onto the floor Y/n tells the room: "They came to assassinate me and my family. I want to know who they are, where they're from, and why?"

"T-those people..." Hiiro stuttered his words searching for an explanation.

"You know about them?" Y/n turned his head to Hiiro. "You better tell me everything then."

"T-there assassins from our kingdom. B-but I wasn't aware of them coming with us?".

"Clearly not. They came to me." Y/n scoffed.

"I'm afraid I don't know who sent them as Queen Towa is sick. She's the only one with authority to command them." Hiiro stated.

"I see." Y/n crossed his arms. "Then I'll head over there. Tomorrow."

"I'm coming too." Rimuru patted Y/n's shoulder. "Can't let you have all the fun."

"Right." Y/n lightly chuckled.