Chapter 9 - A Beating

(For the sake of the plot, Rimuru is informed of Shion's death)

"I've decided..." Rimuru turned to his subordinates. "I'm going to become the very thing they came for."

"Rimuru-sama? What do you mean by that?" Rigurd questioned.

"I'll become a Demon Lord." Gasps came from every individual in the room. Rimuru stayed stoic and continued. "This is for the resurrection of Shion and the fallen citizens from the nation. If the humans want war then war they shall have."

"You do know there are 3 criteria to become a Demon Lord." Y/n spoke up. Rimuru tilted his head and awaited a response. "When Milim wanted me to become a Demon Lord she said this: 1) You need to kill thousands of people, 2) Have an absurd amount of mana, 3) have a Demon Lord seed. With these 3 checks met you ascend to become a Demon Lord."

"That's... I have 2 checked off but I don't have a Demon Lord Seed. How do I get that? Is it obtainable?" Rimuru asked Y/n, thinking that to become a Demon Lord one must be absurdly strong that no human or monster can rise to your level. 

Y/n smiled. "That's the fun part. To obtain the seed, you must eat/kill an awakened Demon Lord or create one. The former is a lot easier than the latter." 

Standing up from his chair, Y/n walked to Rimuru and offered something that made the room gasp and complains about such an option. 

"Oh, hush." Y/n rolled his eyes. "Look, Rimuru just eat a part of me. From what I can understand, a slime like yourself can incorporate the skills of the monster you eat. So, I offer you my arm, and don't worry I can regenerate it back."

"..." Rimuru could only stare. Consulting Great Sage, Rimuru asks the percentage of him eating a piece of Y/n will have a seed.

"Notice: 13.5% of obtaining a Demon Lord seed from the individual named Y/n. Using gluttony and a barrier on his arm will increase the chance to 20%. Use skills to produce the desired outcome?"

'That's a 1/5th chance! What if it fails?!'

"Notice: You can obtain the skills that come with a Demon Lord."

~~~

The plan is simple; Rimuru will take on the whole army of the Falmuth Kingdom alone and ascend to become a Demon Lord for the massacre he will bring. Y/n will fight the otherworlders as they might be too much for his subordinates. The rest will take care of the church's missionaries holding up the barrier surrounding the city. Shuna, Myulan, and Noelle will release their mana and take 'control' of the barrier to keep the souls in place.

"Sounds like a plan!" Y/n gave a thumbs up. "It's good to have some punching bags!" 

Everyone nods. 

"Yosh! Everyone get ready to fuck them up!" 

~~~