The Truth

Merlin stepped out of the room, and shut the door behind him.
"How is she?" Troy looked at him.
"She's sleeping now." He exhaled. "I don't know what happened. She was fine this morning."
"I hope my sister didn't have anything to do with it."
"I doubt Maria's magic would have any effect on an experienced magician."
"Clarissa's a magician?"
"Okay, look, I don't know where you got the idea, but the girl in that room is not Clarissa. I'm sorry." Troy just laughed.
"No, man, I know my girlfriend, and that is definitely her. But, I seriously have got to thank you for bringing her back. When she fell off the Cliffs, I thought I lost her for good." Merlin couldn't decide how to feel.
"Your- what? I- uh... wait, what about the Cliffs? When was that?"
"It was... gosh, almost three years ago. We were watching the sunset on the cliffs, when one of the village boys lost his footing. Clarissa caught him just in time, but she slipped." His voice cracked slightly at the end, before he cleared his throat. "But she's here now, and I don't have to worry about losing her again." The wizard was trying very hard to process.

Is it possible that was actually her? Could she really be this guy's girlfriend? Merlin decided not to come to any conclusions until after Idena woke up.

Now, Merlin had a problem. He wanted to inform the rest of the group what happened, but there was no way he was leaving Idena with Troy.
"Hey. Do you have some parchment and something I can write with?"
"I think so. Why?"
"Could I get you to send a note to my friends? They need to know what's going on."
"Why don't you just go tell them yourself?"
"No offense, but I don't trust Idena here with you."
"How is that not offensive? And I already told you, her name is Clarissa." Merlin sighed.
"Look, we're not going to be able to figure this out until she wakes up. I'll see if I can find a way to send a message to the others. Now, how about that paper?"

Merlin sat cross legged on the porch, holding his note.

Something happened to Idena, she's fine, just resting. Don't worry, we should be back tomorrow.
- M
He pulled out one of his cards, folding it around the paper, before flicking it off with his fingers. The little bundle disappeared in a small shock of lightning, leaving a trail of sparks behind as it zipped along its course.

⚡️✨⚡️✨⚡️

That night, Merlin slept with his back against the outside of the door to her room, trying to keep Troy from trying anything. It wasn't until sometime after midnight that the door swung inwards, sending the wizard tumbling backwards.
"Oh. Merlin, sorry."
"Hey. How are you feeling?" He made sure to keep his voice low, the last thing he wanted was Troy to come barging in.
"I'm alright. What happened?"
"You passed out."
"Thanks, Sherlock. Where are we?"
"Random guy's house. I didn't know where else to take you."
"Troy." She muttered to herself, but Merlin still heard.
"So you do remember." The girl nodded slowly. "Okay, Idena? Can we talk?"
"We are talking." He put a hand to his forehead, before entering the room she had slept in and sitting on the edge of the bed, gesturing towards the spot next to him.
"Here."
"What's bothering you, Merlin?" She pulled her legs up underneath her, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear.
"How do you know this Troy guy?" Idena sighed, looking away. "You told me yesterday that you had never been here before." Merlin was trying to keep his voice down and stay calm, but it was getting harder.
"That's because I thought I hadn't, but... this place," She sighed. "I think I grew up here."
"What? Does that mean Troy wasn't lying when he said you were his girlfriend?"
"I- well... no." She cleared her throat. "I told you yesterday that I didn't remember anything from my past, but being back here is bringing memories to the surface that I forgot existed."
"So your name is Clarissa and you have a boyfriend named Troy."
"Y-yeah." Her shoulders slumped. A thousand thoughts swirled through Merlin's head, but he rested his hand on hers.
"Are you okay?"
"Overwhelmed and confused, but mostly okay." There was a brief pause.

"Can I ask you something?"
"Hm?"
"Do you still... have feelings for him?"
"I... know that I used to, and I can understand why, but... I don't know. Who knows how much the two of us have changed since then. Why, jealous?" Idena smirked.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Sure." She wearily leaned her head against his shoulder. "Don't worry. What we have... whatever it is... means more to me now than what I felt for him in a past life." He let out a relieved sigh, before placing a gentle kiss to her hairline.
"So what do we tell him?"
"Troy?"
"Yeah."
"I don't know." She shifted slightly, clearing her throat. "How are the guys?"
"As far as I know, they're fine. They should be asleep in the inn now."
"Alright."
"You should get some rest." A sigh leaves her lips.
"You're probably right, but only so long as you do too. I can't imagine what sleeping against a door, does to your back." A smirk appeared on Idena's face, and Merlin let out a puff of air.
"What? I thought you liked healing me..."
"Shut up and go to sleep."
"Yes, ma'am." Merlin strokes her hair a few more times before curling up next to her on the bed, and dozing off.

His dreams filled with happy thoughts of Idena, and the wizard smiled in his sleep, until Troy burst in, proclaiming his undying love for Idena. He woke abruptly, shuddering. Snaking an arm around her waist, he pulled her closer before dozing off again.