No Mans Land part 1

Authors note: btw if you forgot, fadilah is Amara's mom, and former Luna  ✨

Also this is a longgggg ass chapter ahead so get a snack ready cuz shits about to hit the fan. 🍿 🥤

                   - 10 years earlier -

Fadilah
They were ripping through the north and west pack barriers now. Antonio was with a group of warriors taking care of the rogues and enemy pack wolfs who were headed towards the pack house.

I knew I wouldn't make it in time to warn him about the ambush. At least not while I was holding Lina in my arms.

Just before I started to mind link Antonio and tell him about the ambush, I caught a whiff of Amara's scent.

How the hell did she get out of the underground bunker. I swear to goddess she was like a magnet for trouble. There were two guards stationed outside of that steel airtight door just for this reason. I didn't even have to think of how she got out of there. She was already able to use her Alpha voice at such a young age.

I wouldn't be able to focus on fighting, while worrying about her safety. As much as her skills would be useful, she was too distracting to me and Antonio.

Just in time, one of the pack warriors who were gathering all the elderly and kids who's parents had gone off to fight, ran up to me.

"Luna, I'll take Lina, and keep her safe. I promise."

I gave her a quick nod and smile before placing Lina in her hold, who surprisingly through all this was still sleeping.

I looked at my bundle of joy one last time, before I gave her little forehead a kiss.

"Pls keep her safe, along with all the pack children and elderly. Mind-link me if there's any signs of a threat."

She nodded sternly, before leading the group to the secret bunkers we had placed on the outskirts of the pack territory.

Quickly, running to catch up to Amara's scent I mind-linked Antonio.

"You have rogues breaking through from the north and west barriers of the pack." Almost seconds later there was a response.

"I know, the beta alerted me on his way here, but we'll deal with it. Our warriors are strong so don't worry. Please tell me you and the kids are safe".

I could here the slight panic in his voice. He was never afraid. Not in the twenty years of fighting by his side had he ever shown a second of fear or uncertainty.

That meant whatever this was. It was bad.

"I just sent Lina with the Betas wife and the rest of the group she was taking to the underground bunker. As far as Amara, she escaped the bunker, I'm tracking her scent headed straight to you."

Now I could feel waves of anger and annoyance through our mate bond.

"That reckless child I swear she's going to be the death of me" he growled.

"She can't be out here, it's too dangerous, why can't she understand that."

I tried to hide my worry seeping through the mate bond.

"She gets it from you Antonio, the only difference is she's more stubborn."

I waited for a chuckle from the other side of the mind-link, but there was none.

Suddenly the mind-link disappeared, and a wave of sheer panic hit me like a truck. Only, it wasn't my panic. It was Antonio's.

I could feel his desperation almost as my own, as I shifted and bolted to the pack house, desperate to see what caused this change.