No Man's Land part 2

Fadilah's POV

As I thought I had finished off the last rogue, another scent of unwelcome wolfs hit my nose.

There were a lot of smells to pick through. If my smell was as strong as I remember, there were easily over thirty more wolfs making their way towards the pack house.

Quickly scanning the area, I made eye contact with Antonio. I felt the sparks from the mate bond encompass my body, just like the first time I laid eyes on him.

I couldn't see him clearly, even with my enhanced sight because of reflection of the barrier. I mouthed I love you to him knowing with his enhanced sight he'd be able to read my lips from here.

He seemed to have everything under control, or at least I'd have to hope so.

While we had the strongest warriors in the region, our enemies were still able to cut a fourth of our numbers.

Looking around I could tell that our warriors were suffering injuries and were tired.

I wasn't sure if they would be able to hold out for their Alpha. He was still blocking me out, and I was too far to see exactly what was happening with him and Anubis.

However, I knew him and Amara were still alive, because if not I would've felt there bonds disappear. Whatever was happening I hoped he was alright.

Unable to go help them out with the barrier between us and them still up, I had to aim my direction at the new wave of wolves who were now breaking through the border.

Yelling through the pack link, I told all pack warriors still able to fight to head towards the east border where I smelt them the strongest at.

It would take a hell of a fight to win this battle but I never doubted our warriors, and I wouldn't now.

As more warriors ducked out from wherever they had been fighting joining me in the sprint towards the east borders, an unimaginable pain hit me like a train.

I never felt this pain before, the pain nawing at the center of my heart causing me to fall to the ground and shift back to my human form. A pain that made child birth seem like nothing.

It didn't take much before I realized what the pain I was feeling was. it was the mate bond.

Another excruciating wave hit me as I struggled to get to my feet.

I had to get to Antonio even if it killed me. Whatever enemies that waited for us, our warriors would have to fight without me.

I could feel our bond began to break as I fought against my body, clawing at the ground forcing my body to stand up again. The pain was getting unbearable with every passing second.

My body was trying to shut down on me, not being able to take the pain of the mate bond breaking.

Soon, an ear splitting scream ripped through my lips as I felt his heart beat stop.

As much as I wanted to roll into a ball and sob with all my pain, I had to get to him. Finally being able to get up, I ran as fast as my body would let me towards where I saw him last.

My body felt numb as my eyes confirmed what my body had already. Every survival extinct I had in that second seemed to vanish.

I could no longer feel my limbs, as everything around me seemed to disappear.

He was gone. Laying in a pool of his own blood eyes open, glazed over and gone of life.

I felt my knees give out as my legs buckled. Slowly, crawling to lift his head from the ground another body racking sob left my throat.