The Raid

Dimitri Volkov

We had  been planning this raid for months now, and finally with the okay from our secret informant, our plans would finally be carried out.

We waited months for the night our informant spoke of. The only night where the Blood Crescent pack guards patrol would be spread thinner than usual.

Their beloved Alphas birthday.

Goddess I fucking Hated her.

I had never seen her myself, but she was the cause of many of my men's deaths that I had sent through her territory in attempt to strengthen trading pacts with the packs that layed on the other side of the valley.

The valley her ducking pack so happened to be in.

Of course I felt responsible for my warriors deaths. I had sent them out there fully aware of what she was capable of.

But today I'd have her head. I couldn't give them their lives back but I could give them justice.

For years I watched as she mercilessly killed my fathers men, sparing no one. But that was until I took the throne. Unlike him, I never lost.

I wasn't like that piece of useless shit. I always got what I wanted in the end, and if that was her head in a box then so be it.

Usually I wouldn't care about the loses my farther took. If anything, seeing him even the least bit of troubled made my day.

But when one of these loses included seven of my best warriors heads on pikes outside of our pack house. I was livid.

Ever since I took the throne I had been working on the perfect plan to act on my revenge.

A year later and all of my pieces had fallen into place.

Tonight I'd make her wish she never crossed us.

I'd make her wish she never crossed me.

Silently my men and I took to the tree line, our scents masked, and our bodies hidden by the shadows of night as we waited.

shortly our warriors would be fully surrounding the territory, making sure no one would be able to escape and call for backup before we were done getting what we came here for.

As my men waited patiently in the bushes, I made my way over to the east side of the pack with a group of seven men where our informant told us they would be keeping the pups. One pup in particular.

As we came closer and closer, a small building entered our sight.

It was one story, no more than a couple hundred square feet with a newly coated beige paint.

Just like our informant told us, it was heavenly guarded.

Close enough to scan the perimeter but far enough so that the guards wouldn't know of our presence, I was able to get a good view of our enemies.

I counted twelve of them.

Four were posted at the front door, and four others at the back exit. The last remaining four were circling the area, making sure nothing seemed out of place.

I had to guess there were atleast two guards guarding from the inside, if this pack was as careful as they were rumored.

For a pack known as portatori di morte (bearers of death) their were definitely a lack in male warriors. Most of the warriors I saw on guard tonight were woman.

I heard rumors of hundreds of wolves being slaughtered by a group of women but surely that couldn't be anything but a rumor.

My Beta and many other pack members believed this to be true, but I knew it was nothing other than another strategy of war.

They probably used the she-wolves as bait to lure their enemies in closer. To make them seem weak before the men attacked from wherever they hid.

I scoffed at this. A bunch of fucking cowards. They weren't even worthy to kill.

Patiently, we waited for the signal my beta should've been giving any second now.

I didn't know exactly what he planned to do, but he said I'd know the signal as soon as it happened.

Not too shortly after I heard it. Or maybe I saw it before I heard it.

The trees surrounding the west border of there pack were quickly catching fire, as I heard wolves screaming with the agony of being burned alive.

He must've set flame to some of the guards guarding the west posts, as well as there surrounding buildings that caught fire.

I chuckled, He was always sick and twisted with his killing methods. Almost as sick and twisted as mine.

Just like I betted on, half the wolves guarding the building took off in there wolf forms headed straight to where the fire was.

Finally it was time for me and my men to attack.

.....................................................

Amara

The faster I ran towards the west borders where one of my warriors had reported the intruders to be, the less My chances of this being a "fast" night like Neema had proclaimed grew.

I had sent her towards the pups den to make sure Lina, along with the rest of them were fully secured and safe.

Where they were was pretty far from  where the introducers were said to be at, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Before I made it to my destination, I made sure to tell some warriors I passed on the way there to head back to the pack house and make sure all pack members were escorted back to their houses, and to stay inside till I gave the okay that it was safe.

As I advanced to the border, I smelled it.

It smelt like something was burning and by how strong the smell was, it had to be something big.

Finally I saw what was causing the pungent order. As I made it to the top of the hill I saw it. The entire of west side tree lines were on fucking fire.

Anger coarsed through my veins as I thought of who the fuck had the audacity to burn down our land.

Whoever it was definitely had some guts, but not enough to survive the night.

I linked the wolves I knew who were on patrol tonight.

"What's the status of the intruders. How many are there"

No answer.

I was on edge now, as I fought to keep my cool.

"All east and west border patrol on duty or not come to the West borders immediately. Be ready to fight... or die trying."

And that was my last mind-link to my warriors, as I made eye contact with our intruders.

I would rip them to streds, even if I had to do it all by myself.