TALKING BIRDS

AMIRA

On my way to the pack cells I made a quick stop at our witches den. She wasn't there when I arrived, which was odd considering I could barely get her to leave and converse with the other women in the pack. Thankfully she'd  given me a spare key just in case I ever needed something.

She joined our pack roughly two years ago after fleeing from her coven. She still refused to tell us exactly what happened, and since privacy was important to me I never pushed it.

She made all types of potions for us, but there was one in particular I would need to get out of here unnoticed.

Quickly grabbing what I needed I shifted back into my wolf form, making sure to carefully hold the potions and herbs in my mouth without breaking them with my sharp canines.

As I came closer to the pack cells I went behind a tree, shifting and putting on some spare clothes that were  buried in a tree trunk close to me.

I made my way to the cells, mind-linking the guards I had on duty to be ready to let the prisoner out.

I felt a wave of uncertainty and confusion through our pack bond but I didn't have time to deal with it. If I wanted to get him out during the middle of the day, I'd have to be smart and fast.

Time to put on a show.

Stomping down the steep stairs to the prison cells I growled as I came closer to the guards.
Quickly the two guards guarding the basement doors hastily pulled the doors open, making sure to steer clear of my path.

Smart move.

I continued down my fierce path towards the cell Jace was in. The guards who probably felt my presence and anger as soon as I opened the basement door were in front of Jace's prison cell stiff as a board.

seeing me come into view, they sent me  a sharp nod, only for a second making eye contact with me.

I wasn't one of those alphas who demanded their pack not look them in their eye as a sign of respect, and taking any eye contact as a sign of disrespect. If anything it disgusted me that any alpha would think so highly of themselves that their own pack couldn't even be on par with them.

Whatever soothed their ego I supposed.

It seemed like my warriors felt the whole "don't fuck with me" attitude I was trying tenfold to amplify through the bond. It was the only way the little scheme I conjured up would work.

"Kira open up the cell door." I demanded, using just enough alpha command to not leave room for discussion.

Usually I tried not to use my Alpha command on my warriors but usually my sister's life wasn't on the line.

She gulped, quickly looking between me and the other guard that was right next to her. They both exchanged nervous glances before she moved her mouth to say something.

"I'm sorry Alpha b-but the elders instructed us that the prisoner may not leave the cell until his trial tomorrow morning."

Great. Just what I was worried about.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was on a mission, I would've been surprised and a little impressed that this warrior didn't fully submit to my Alpha command. As much as it was important that my warriors followed my commands and didn't question my authority, I also didn't want a bunch of blind mice.

I valued those who weren't afraid to question my authority when it came to the safety of the pack. Those were the leaders I sought to lead the younger warriors.

The elders had took it beside themselves to see over the prisoners punishment. I would usually ignore their wishes of what they deemed to be a "fair" trial, and take it into my own hands. But as of now, I was already under hot fire and I didn't need to piss them off any further than I had already been doing.