VI - Heartless

Ai.... Ai...

I'll definitely find that traitor, the bastard who killed you.

Time passed. 

Rina has become quite the lady. dmall face, pretty lips, short ash purple hair, and her usual inexpressive face that makes her looks like what people these days call girl boss.

Not only she's pretty, she's also smart and observant. Her micro expression analytic ability that she learned just for fun in her past life become much useful now and she manage to master it.

She mastered it really well that people started to fear her.

"Yes. ...yes, I'll confirm it later. Thank you." Rina said to her phone before typing a number once again to make a call. The phone ringed a few times before the receiver picked up, "Hello Kaburagi-san? About the place you wanted to rent..."

Even though Rina was supposedly still going to school, Rina had already graduated due to skipping some grades through her homeschooling and finishing college quickly. She now became a full-fledged location owner using the money she got from her side career as a celebrity.

She may not look like it, but she does have a photographic memory that helped her in her past lives. She also had it now in her new life, so it makes her easier to understand the school subjects.

"...yes ...yes. Thank you for your patronage. Please do keep relying on our facilities without a worry." Rina sighed as she puts down her phone and sits on the sofa of her office.

"That went well." Rina writes down a certain producer's name as a renter for one of her places. She switched her position to lying down on the sofa, sighing once more while resting her body and mind.

The door to her office opened before closing once more. "Looks like everything is going well with the producer." A girl around her age kneeled down to put down the tea set she's carrying.

"Kiseki." Rina glance at the girl without moving from her spot.

"Should we go there to take a peek for the final episode?" Kiseki smiled gently, taking the a seat at the other sofa and drank one of the tea she had bought.

"Hm... I doubt it would be any better than the first episode... but if you're that interested then I guess I'll tag along." Rina said, finally done with lying down on her couch and drank the other tea.

"What was the show's name again?"

Rina turned on her phone that was on the table and starts fidgeting with it, "It's  I'll go with Sweet Today, in short Sweet Today." She looked at the review of Sweet Today at her phone, scrolling through the amount of bad comments it had. "I heard Aqua is going to be the stalker on the final episode."

"Hoshino Aqua? He's the boy you mentioned before right? The 1 year old acting prodigy?"

"Yep." Rina said as she puts down her phone once more. "Just when I was wondering where he'd gone to..."

• • •

"Cut!"

"Kiseki... How should I say this..."

"You don't have to, Rinarin. He IS still bad as always."

"The show is now beyond repairment... I feel bad for Yoriko-san."

The two arrived just in time for the recording to start and was immediately greeted by a certain bad acting from the one and only Melt Narushima.

For someone to preaches the arts, Rina couldn't help but be irritated by his belittling behavior towards Sweet Today. She had made a complain towards producer Kaburagi once about him, but the producer just said that it can't be help.

'I can't believe I rented out one of my scared location only to see this kind of trash show.' Rina crossed her arms as she slowly made her way to the producer.

"Not good to see you, pro.du.cer." Rina glared at the man. Clearly, she's pissed at the performance of the young actor, but she knows how things was going on in the show so she can't complain to the producer.

"Miss Gessho! Good to see you too." The producer said his greeting with his usual calm self. Rina sighed in frustration before turning her attention towards the shooting set.

"How are you gonna save this show producer?"

"I'm not going to do anything."

"I feel bad for the mangaka."

"It can't be helped. Can it?"

"Seriously, you and your pretty face fetish... Haaaa." Rina sighed once more.

Her attention went towards a red haired girl, who's taking a break while going through her lines once more. "You're also being too harsh on Arima."

"What are you saying? As far as I can see, I'm doing her a favor"

"A scumbag as always." The producer just smirked at her statement before going back to talk to one of his crew.

Kiseki chuckled lightly, "Seems like you get along well with that producer."

Rina stared at her with horror instantly. "Please don't say that, it gives me goosebumps." She said, receiving another chuckle from her.

'Well... Despite all of the bickerings... He did kind of raised me in one way or another.'

Kaburagi Masaya have always had a thing with pretty faces. So one day, when he went to visit a friend of him to seek a recommendation of places for one of his shootings, he came across Rina. He used her pretty face for one of his creations, in exchange Rina asked him to teach her some ways of making a deal with producers and directors so that her rental property would become known in the industry. In a way, their interactions also helps with her androphobia, so she was at the winning end.

She wouldn't tell him or anyone that though.

"Oh. You're..." Rina and Kiseki both turned at the monotone voice that called for them.

Rina widen her eyes a little, seeing the reflection of her past friend in the boy before she recovered herself quickly, "Aqua... So you're the one playing the stalker..."

"I'm surprised you remembered me." The blonde haired boy, Aqua nodded politely at her. "Well then." He left quickly, going back towards the set.

'He smells of cigarettes... Looks like I'm not the only one who's seeking revenge for Ai.'

"That's the boy huh? The one whose face really similar to B-Komachi's Ai?"

"Yep..."

'Continue what you're doing, kiddo. It's all for Ai or all for nothing.'

• • •

A/N : Writer's block + Art block + final exams = Visual Communication Design student's greatest pain :")

I swear I'll draw an illustration of Rina, I just hope to survive my exams first. I'm sorry if this chapter is short and for not uploading for almost a month ><

Thank you for reading! See you!