She's Awake

"Hey love are you alright? You took off without much of a word earlier." A voice says as Alexis is sitting at the stream before seeing it is Newt.

"Yeah Newt I'm fine. You didn't have to follow me." Alexis says as Newt sits beside her.

"You're not angry at Thomas are you?" Newt asks curiously.

"No of course not. Just got my mind on other things." Alexis says.

"Come on Alexis. I can tell when something is bothering you. You're acting out of your normal." Newt says.

"Oh yeah and what is my normal?" Alexis asks as she looks at Newt.

"This brilliant, kind, brave, loyal, and spunky girl I got used to talking to every day and doing things with whenever we had free time. A girl who always puts others first before herself and always tries to her best to see everyone smiling and happy even if she isn't. You're not acting like that now. I can tell something is up. What's wrong?" Newt asks as he places his hand on Alexis's as she sighs.

"I'm just nervous is all Newt. With everything going on it's.. I don't even know how to act right now. And you guys have gotten more protective over me too since things have happened. I'm worried." Alexis says as she looks down.

"It's alright to be scared Alexis. We all are." Newt says.

"I'm not scared Newt." Alexis says as she looks at Newt.

"Well whether you'll admit it or not I can tell you're scared. Just know you're not alone and you won't ever be. I promised you I'd always be around for you and I'm not going anywhere love." Newt says as Alexis smiles and hugs him.

"Thanks Newt. I'm glad I have a friend like you." Alexis says.

"Yeah.. friend.. Alexis I want to tell you something. Could you not get mad at me?" Newt asks as Alexis pulls away from him and looks at him curiously.

"Get mad? Why would I get mad? But yeah I won't." Alexis says as Newt takes a deep breath before exhaling.

"Well I've been wanting to ask you this and so have a couple other shanks around here but I'm hoping you'll accept me and I know this isn't a good time but I'm worried if I don't do it now I won't ever be able to. I'd be a stupid shank if I don't do it now while I've worked up the nerve to. Alexis I've been wanting to ask you to be my girlfriend." Newt says nervously as Alexis looks at him with shock.

"Newt.. I don't know what to say.. but you are right. Now isn't a good time. Give me some time to think because it's not that I don't feel that way Newt. I've actually noticed stronger feelings toward you for the past couple months now but I just don't think now is a good time. Not with everything going on." Alexis says as she places her hand on Newt's leg.

"I understand. at least now we know each other's feelings." Newt says as Alexis nods.

"Yes. we do. Tell you what. If Thomas has found a way out I'll give you my answer then when we're out of this damn place and we can live our lives the way we want." Alexis says.

"You know I haven't been wanting to get out for just myself anymore. I've been wanting to get out with you. I'm grateful for you." Newt says as Alexis smiles before looking back towards the glade as the two get up.

"Hey it sounds like there is something going on. Come on." Alexis says as the two run back to the glade before stopping at the edge of the woods.

"Looks like the girl is awake." Newt says.

"I don't think she likes you boys very much." Alexis says seeing the girl throwing things at the boys.

"Yeah. I know you didn't either when you got here." Newt says as Alexis looks at him and smiles.

"Yeah but now you guys aren't so bad. You boys can be pretty nice to have around. Most of you anyway. Gally is still a pain in the ass majority of the time." Alexis says.

"I'm gonna go try to help them." Newt says.

"Be careful." Alexis says as Newt takes off to join the others at the bottom of the look out tower while Alexis goes over to Chuck as he is laughing seeing the girl throwing things at the gladers below.

"Looks like the girl is giving them a hard time." Alexis says.

"Yep. Glad someone is." Chuck says as he laughs before Minho, Thomas, and Jeff come running over.

"Hey Chuck, Alexis, what's going on?" Thomas asks.

"Girls are awesome." Chuck says as he laughs while he goes over as Alexis, Jeff, Chuck, and Minho go over once the girl has stopped throwing rocks before Thomas then goes up to the girl while some of the gladers walk off.

"Well is she gonna come down?" Newt asks as Thomas looks down at him, Alexis, Winston, Frypan, and Gally.

"Hey listen you guys just give us a second okay." Thomas says.

"Alright. Come on." Newt says as he and the others leave Thomas to talk with the girl.

"Are all women this way?" Frypan asks.

"Hey! Not all women are the same slinthead!" Alexis shouts angrily being offended at his statement.

"Sorry Alexis. No offense." Frypan says in a hurry as Alexis growls at him slightly.

*Timeskip*

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it or why it came up here with you. I mean for all we know this thing could kill him." Newt says as he is with Alexis, Jeff, Minho, Thomas, and Teresa in the med hut after being given a syringe filled with liquid that came up with Teresa.

"He's right Thomas. Regardless of what that girl Teresa said we don't know what will happen if we give that stuff to Alby." Alexis says.

"He's already dying. Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse. Come on it's worth a try." Thomas says as the group is looking at a worsening Alby.

"Alright. Do it." Newt says as he gives Thomas the syringe.

"Okay." Thomas says as he goes over to Alby before Alby then grabs him.

"Shouldn't be here! Shouldn't be here!" Alby shouts as the group try to get him to let go of Thomas before Teresa grabs the syringe and injects him with it calming him down as he lets go of Thomas.

"Well that worked." Jeff says.

"Okay from now on someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Newt says.

"Hey. Sun down greenie. Time to go." Gally says as he comes in the room before he leaves with Thomas.