chapter 5

flashback

december XX, 20XX
monday 11:00 pm

sunoo was casually studying in his room as usual during their christmas break. despite having the opportunity to enjoy the break, he consistently chose to study instead. he was alone at the moment, as his parents were in another country due to business matters. although he was accustomed to being alone, he disliked it.

"i guess i'm all alone again for christmas," sunoo sighed, continuing to read his chemistry book in advance.

as he was about to turn the page, his phone rang. sunoo immediately got up, thinking it was his mother calling. however, he was disappointed to see that it was an unknown number. he pouted before answering the call.

"hello, who's this?" sunoo asked, with a serious tone.

"is this sunoo kim?" the person on the other line asked.

"yes, this is sunoo kim. who are you?" he inquired again, but all he heard was laughter.

what the hell? is this person laughing at my name? or i am being prank called?

"you looked really pretty yesterday while giving your speech in front of everyone. you're so pretty, sunoo. you're shining," the guy suddenly talked, leaving sunoo speechless.

sunoo is sure that the person speaking on the call right now isn't a girl. he can tell because the person on the other line has a really deep voice, which is kind of attractive, lol.

"advance merry christmas, my sunshine," the boy added before hanging up.

he sounded drunk

sunoo froze and didn't know what to do after the call.

what the hell? what the fuck just happened?

end of flashback