chapter 16

"i'm not sure, but i trust my instincts really well. they're accurate most of the time," jungwon started, and sunoo just sighed because he knows that his best friend is judging someone again. in short, he already knows that this is about sunghoon.

"what is it again, won?" sunoo asked with irritation in his voice, which made the other one pout.

they're currently in the library now, sunoo is doing his report for the next subject, and it's their vacant time, perfect time for catching up on their tasks. jungwon doesn't have anything to do either, that's why he's just accompanying his best friend, sunoo.

"isn't it obvious to you, sunoo? sunghoon kept staring at you earlier. i've heard a lot of rumors about him, you know? something about being a jerk and having a lot of girlfriends. such a playboy!" jungwon stated, which made sunoo roll his eyes.

sunoo doesn't like it when people immediately judge someone they just met. they barely know each other yet won is already talking negatively about him. those are just rumors, of course; they shouldn't believe that just because a lot of people believe in that also.

"won, please. don't be like this. you know how much i hate people who immediately judge someone when they barely knew the person. also, those are just rumors made by someone you didn't even know. it's called rumors for a reason, okay?" sunoo said, and jungwon just nodded while slightly bowing his head, realizing what he just said earlier.

"and shouldn't we be thankful that he agreed to be the model for our school? we should be nicer to him and treat him as our friend," sunoo added.

sunoo may be right, and jungwon totally did regret saying those things he said, but there's a part of him that can't help but believe those. he's just really concerned about his friend. he doesn't want sunoo to be hurt by someone who doesn't deserve him – someone who's a jerk and an asshole. if that ever happens, he himself is going to punch whoever that person is.

"alright, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have said those," jungwon apologized, and sunoo just gently smiled at the boy, trying to convey that it's fine.

"how about we go to the cafeteria and maybe buy some ice cream waffles?" sunoo tried to lighten the mood.

"don't worry, it's my treat, won," sunoo added, and this made jungwon smile and immediately agree.

after that, they made their way to the cafeteria and enjoyed their waffles.