Part 6

Me and Loki have been getting closer, since two months ago by the fire. I've started accompanying him to a lot of his "royal duties" as I like to call them. I've been able to joke a bit, and we've shared a lot of moments like the one by the fire.

I learned that he is not what many say he is. He isn't rude, and he doesn't act better then everyone. He is actually really goofy, although you wouldn't believe it at first.

I've grown much more comfortable with him. Much more then I ever have with anybody since I was a kid. Everyday I wake up and go to his room, where he is usually in the shower. He wakes up a bit earlier then me, which is a bit surprising. It took me a really long time to get comfortable with my new routine, but I still feel a bit weird, not being ordered around. I've broken a few things of his already, and everytime I think he's going to get mad, but he simply helps me clean it up. He helps me clean my mistake. I once broke an incredibly important glass object his mother gave him. I felt so bad. I was alone in the room at the time, and I honestly started panicking. I cleaned it up, but didn't throw it away, and instead I put it where it was on the shelves. Later, Loki knocked on my door.

He was holding a piece of the broken glass, and when he asked what happened, I started to cry. Instead of getting upset, he simply led me into his room, and we pieced it back together, and used a substance to keep it together. He never got mad.

Today was a bit different, though.

It was Frigga's birthday, and Odin is throwing a ball. I had never been to any of the previous royal parties, so I assumed today would be no different.

I got up, tied my hair back with an annoyed sigh, put on my dress and boots, and left the room. I knock on Loki's door, then open it.

His shower is on, so I begin tidying.

A bit later, the bathroom door clicks open, and out came Loki, already dressed, but with still damp hair.

"Good morning Loki!" I chirp, my mood being instantly lifted by his presence.

"Good morning fawn." He smiles, sitting down at his desk. "How are you?"

"Pretty good. Weird dreams last night."

"Of?" He quirks and eyebrow.

"I was a princess. And I was dancing in the sun. I even had a whole golden tiara. Straight out of a fairy tale." I say, leaving out the detail that he was dancing with me.

He hums in response, smiling.

"Sounds like a nice dream."

"It was. But it was weird, too. It was so realistic." I respond, placing back the glass object me and him had repaired.

"Dreams are very realistic at times." He responds, smiling to himself.

I nod.

"Are you excited for the royal party?" I ask him, turning my back while I clean.

"Relatively. I usually don't go to the parties. My mother's is the only one I attend." He tells me.

"I've never even been to one. Bjorn never let me go." I sigh.

"Would you like to accompany me?"

YES!

"Oh! Um" I blush, not sure how to respond. I stand on my tip toes to reach a higher shelf, and I hear light footsteps behind me.

"Here, I'll get that for you." He says, taking the duster from my hand.

"Thanks." I say, and step back, allowing him to reach the higher shelves.