Somehow They Knew

Bro I'm writing this in bed at 11pm and I'm so energetic like help- I feel like I can run a mile without a breath is something wrong with me. Anyways enjoy!

—————————————————————

Katherine's POV:
I stood behind a tree, waiting for the perfect moment. From time to time, I'd glance in the clearly, looking at Shelby. Jeez, even when she's possessed she's still so cute...
Occasionally she'd turn in my direction, most likely hearing me.
Then Shelby went to place down her catalyst and I knew it was the perfect moment.

"Shelby is that you?" I teased her slightly as I walked out the forest.

She immediately turned around and replied "Aha! I just knew someone was spying on me.."

For some reason it reminded me of the Shelby I knew and loved; being serious yet playful at the same time. Was that even possible? If not, Shelby made it possible.

"Wanna know something?" I began, "The Head Witches are gone! They gave up trying to capture you and left!"

Shelby looked confused. It seemed like to many thoughts were crossing her mind all at once. Finally, she replied.

"They did, huh? Well, I must be quite scary then." Shelby grinned. I swear it really seems like Shelby was talking more than the sculk.

"Well, you're still not scary enough to scare me away." I playfully replied, as I walked closer to her.

Shelby stood still, still analyzing what I had said. After realizing what I said, Shelby ever so slightly backed up; she must have backed up have a millimetre.

"You... you aren't lying to me, right Katherine?" she gulped. Whatever happened was strange; when she said my name, the corrupted distorted voice that Shelby gained from being possessed seemed to have left her when she said my name.

I stood there silently as I shook my head. It hurt so badly knowing I was lying to her but it was for the greater good.

Then suddenly, the sculk on Shelby began fading away; it was working. I just had to keep making her happy.

Continuously trying to cheer her up, I said "Shelby! Your sculk! It's leaving!"

She looked down at her arms and saw the sculk fading away. At the action it began fading faster. We're so close.

Shelby still stood there, now looking up at me.

"Katherine..."

"Yes, Shelby?"

"What do you think of me?" she asked.

"I think you are perfect. Especially without the sculk." I smiled, expecting the best.

However, the worst was making its approach.

Shelby looked at me, this time with fear and... disappointment? But I had cheered her up, right? Then she looked back at the ground and the sculk was coming back.

However this time, instead of it taking over her 75%, it took her over 100%. Her whole body was covered in sculk; you couldn't see any of the details in her outfit any longer. Her eyes were back to being a bright blue as she looked up at me with fear, anger, disappointment and sadness. I had done everything correctly? Right?

I was stumbling in place now, moving backwards slowly away from Shelby. She pulled out her scythe.

No. No no no...

She walked up to me; I stopped moving in fear. I couldn't move, even if I tried. Shelby held her scythe to my neck and before slashing me she said:

"Don't you ever... talk to us like that AGAIN."