Chapter 7: Home Sweet Home Turns Bitter With Time

Second Person POV

After clearing out Anchordeep for the millionth time, and completely finishing upgrading your cult, you knew where you had to go next.

Silk Cradle.

You dreaded the moment you'd have to return home. It was the place you grew up. You had a loving Father who taught you discipline while also making sure you sometimes got what you wished and was happy.

But those happy memories turned bitter after that Lamb mercilessly slaughtered your entire family, with you there to witness the aftermath.

You stood completely still in front of the door to Silk Cradle. Tears pricked at your eyes.

You wanted to go back home, but at the same time, you suddenly became terrified. You weren't quite sure what of. Death could not keep you, so if the Lamb tried to kill you, their efforts would be in vain.

Your followers won't be with you, so THEY can't get hurt, an the location of your cult was ambiguous. So what were you afraid of?

You shoved your fear away and entered the door to Silk Cradle.

It was emptier, gloomier, than you remembered. And that's saying a lot for a place like this. Every critter was gone, every cultist and resource too. Not even merchants remained.

The Lamb must've wiped the place clean.

You walked through spider web after spider web, stepping on little cut blades of grass occasionally.

All the way until you made it to your Father's temple.

You were uncertain on whether or not to go inside.

You grew up here after all. Perhaps there are some memories you could preserve.

...

No.

You want to hold onto the bitterness of the past in hopes to find the slightest sweetness in it. But holding onto what's long gone is of no use. Keeping things from this place with make no difference to it's future, or your's.

But it hurts. The rings you've done here are so nice to even just think about. Despite the bitter taste of remembrance, you continue on.

Your Father taught you so many things about your powers and what not. He often played you you, along with your Aunt and Uncles. You always had such a wonderful time, even just playing something as simple as the princess and the dragon, you were always happy and content with everything.

You loved your Mother and your Aunt and Uncles so much.

All of your relatives' cultists were so nice to you as well, even the elderly were willing to talk and play.

But now they're all gone.

It's... ALL, gone.

Now everyone's dead. There's nothing left but their blood and ichor.

While lost in your thoughts you hadn't noticed you were sobbing, however were completely silent despite a few sharp breaths.

You clasped your hands together and closed your eyes.

You knew crying was of no use, but it felt nice to let you emotions spill out of your eyes for a little.

After a while of just standing in front of your Mother's temple, you wiped your eyes. Your usual calm or poker face now replaced with one of light exhaustion.

You walked away from your Father's temple, and continued on back to your cult.

However you had no idea what awaited you...