Chapter 9: Maybe There's Hope

Second Person POV

Once while you were walking around Silk Cradle for pretty much any reason at this point, you came across a small little spiderling that more so resembled your Father.

It was terrified when it was you, but you felt a tinge of confusion through your grief.

You thought everything living in Silk Cradle was destroyed? But in front of you sat a little spiderling.

As you approached it, it jolted back a little, looking as if it assumed you'd hurt it.

You raised two of your hands. "Don't be afraid little one, I'm not going to hurt you."

You cautiously picked up the tiny purple spider.

"What's your name?" You asked, for the first time in years with emotion in your voice.

"Uh... Hestir..." the spiderling said with fear.

"Are you gonna be my new Mommy?" Hestir asked.

You looked confused. "Whatever do you mean child?" You say putting Hestir down.

Hestir fiddled with her fingers and looked away. "My Mommy told me that someone would come here and be my NEW Mommy, and that I just had to wait..."

"How long ago was this?" You asked, very concerned.

Hestir shrugged. "A while ago..."

You didn't take a second thought before saying, "Um, yes. I am going to be you new Mommy!" You said with a nervous yet somewhat hurt smile.

"Wow, really?" Hestir said, excited.

"Yes! In fact I already have a gift for you. Just don't take it off." You said, pulling out a skull necklace and giving it to the little spiderling.

"Wow, thank you Mommy!" Hestir hugged your legs, and you put a hand on her back in response.

You looked around Silk Cradle from where you were a little bit, wondering if this was some trap the Lamb had set for you.

You didn't want this tiny spidering to be hurt, you honestly loved her already.

"Well, Hestir, we'd best be heading home now." You said.

Hestir smiled and nodded, then reached up a little to grab your hand and hold it.

After that you pretty much never left her alone. You put your crown back upon your head and swore to protect your very last child with your life.

You'd be killed before you let that Lamb hurt your little spiderling. You wouldn't let the same thing happen again.

You spent all of your time giving Hestir the life you had, not even excluding the part about teaching her of the power the Bishops had and maintained.

The thing is, that skull necklace you gave Hestir had a few tweeks made to it, and now, you wouldn't have to worry about Hestir dying naturally.

You wouldn't get old, and neither would Hestir. Not for quite a few millennia anyway.