Chapter 8: There's Nothing Left Now

Second Person POV

You continued walking through Silk Cradle, until it started raining.

'Huh, that's strange. It almost never rains.'

You shrugged it off and put on your hood.

However, you felt as if something was wrong. Very wrong.

You just suddenly had a pit in your stomach, as if something terrible had just happened.

You started walking back to your cult a bit faster.

Once you made it to Silk Cradles entrance yet again and walked through you heard... A sizzling of some sort, like a fire being put out.

As well as...

Smoke.

'Smoke? I didn't assign anyone to the kitchen, or to light a bonfire...'

You walked to the entrance of your cult and...

There they were.

The Lamb.

They stood over all of your dead followers with a bloodied blade.

They turned to look at you. They stared you dead in the eyes. Not a single drop of regret could be seen in the Lamb. Only sadistic happiness.

The Lamb walked past you to the pentagram behind you, bumping into your shoulder on the way.

You stood petrified as they teleported away.

You stood. Not a single thought went through your head. You were fully in the present.

You looked down to see a slaughtered Agares laying by your feet.

Tears streamed freely down your face as you dropped to your knees and picked up their bloody body and hugged it.

You've lost followers before, but not like this. Not ever like this.

You stared at the rest of your destroyed cult, every building burned to the ground, every member of your cult, every one of your children laying dead.

Now, everything was gone.

That Lamb had taken everything from you.

Your crown slipped off your head, and dropped to the ground, silently sobbing as well.

You couldn't hold back sobs anymore, so you just let everything out.

You were still very quiet when crying, but now it was loud enough to hear.

...

You placed your crown in front of your Father's grave.

You'd failed your Mother and your promise to them.

You couldn't go on any longer.

Those cultists weren't just followers to you. It would be impossible now to just "get more".

You sat on you knees, crying in the rain in front of your Mother's grave, with over forty others behind you.

Now you payed the price of failure. Sitting in guilt until death takes you, one way or another.