Chapter 10: History Repeats Itself

Second Person POV

It had been a couple years since you first found Hestir in Silk Cradle and starting living with you and your now almost fully rebuilt cult.

Well, it wasn't really a cult anymore. You didn't have any followers and you weren't going to make your daughter worship you.

Nonetheless, you needed a few more materials before you could build a Healing Bay again.

Hestir insisted that she was a big girl, and could stay at the cult by herself. You of course were terrified of this idea, after what happened... Last time...

But Hestir seemed so excited, so you gave her a Godly Dagger and left, trying to be back as soon as possible, as to avoid any... Potential danger Hestir May be in.

After going through a few rooms in Anura, you made you way back home. You didn't feel like anything what wrong until...

You had that same pit in your stomach as last time.

You ran home as fast as you could, not caring if you dropped resources along the way. You weren't going to waste any time right now.

After finally getting back to your cult you see that your predictions of what had happened were right.

Hestir lays sobbing on the floor with the Godly Dagger you gave her now plunged through her chest.

The Lamb was just now running off, but they weren't your concern right now.

You ran over to Hestir and picked her up a little, just as you had Agares.

Hestir took sharp breaths before speaking. "M-Mommy! The- The Lamb they *sharp inhale* they- they-"

Hestir buried her face in your arm. "Mommy, *sniffle* I don't wanna die." Her words were followed by more sobs.

You were more than panicked, but you kept your composure. You took off the gold part of your robe before carefully pulling the dagger out of your daughter's chest and wrapping her with your robe.

You weren't quite sure what to do, until you realized.

"Wait here a minute." You mumbled, rushing over to the crafting table, desperately looking for a blueprint.

Hestir took another short inhale. "M-Mommy wait! Come back!"

You knew Hestir was terrified of dying there, you were too, but you had to try and save her before it was too late.

You pulled out the blueprint for the Healing Bay and got to work on it.

You knew the Healing Bay was meant for sick followers, but you had no other choice.

You built as fast as you could and finished it after a few minutes.

You ran over to go pick up a now barely conscious Hestir off the ground, and carried her to the Healing Bay.

You performed the Healing Bay ritual, luckily having enough Camilla's for it.

It stopped the bleeding, however Hestir was still laying down in pain with the little consciousness she had left.

You were in such a rush, you didn't realize tears were streaming down your face too.

You removed your now bloody robe from your daughter, then picked her up and held her close.

After a little while, Hestir returned the favor.

It was stupid to leave her alone, you knew this was your fault.

You decided not to think too much though, and just wanted to be happy that Hestir was still alive.