𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐𝟏.

Chapter Twenty One:
The Flower

"I tread the days with unease every time he learns something new. But that only means that we're one step closer to killing you."

。o°✥✤✣  ✣✤✥°o。

"It's a bet."

-

The sound of thin clay breaking made you halt your movements as you quickly hid behind the wall that surrounded the Rengoku estate. You peaked your head out and spied on the retired Flame Pillar's outburst.

"You're what..?" He pointed an accusing finger at Tanjiro, "I get it now...that means— you're a Sun Breathing user aren't you!! Am I right?!"

Your eyes grew in shock and in anger— having not yet telling the young boy about the history and correlation of Sun Breathing and the Hinokami Kagura.

"Sun Breathing? What do you mean by that?-" Tanjiro was cut off by Shinjuro grabbing his wrist and pinning him down to the ground.

Someone, who you believed to be Kyojuro's younger brother, attempted to stop his father before failing and being roughly shoved away.

"Don't you dare lay your hand on him, monster!!" Tanjiro was able to kick the older man off of him and come to the younger Rengoku's defense.

"It was in that book." Shinjuro indicted, "The Sun Breathing technique..not only is it the first one ever to be created— it's the most powerful one as well. Every technique, no matter how diverse, came from Sun Breathing! Which means all of the others..are just cheap imitations of Sun Breathing! They can try and copy the original, but they'll never be as powerful! Flame! Water! Wind! All of them!!"

Based off of the look on Tanjiro's face, you were kind of thankful that he was not always the brightest child. Refusing to put two and two together. Four months have passed since the events of the Mugen Train. Tanjiro and his friends have spent that time in healing and training per usual. While you and the Yoso Family continued to prepare as well. However, telling Tanjiro that the Hinokami Kagura is basically Sun Breathing was not one of them.

'Should I stop them? Where the hell is Kyojuro?' Taking a step into the estate, Shinjuro was quick to feel your presence and sit up straight after the young boy head-butted him.

"Shimadzu-sama." He kneeled.

"Step aside." Whenever you said that phrase, it usually meant 'mind your own business'.

Shinjuro lowered his head further and excused himself from the scene he has caused. You then turned your attention to Tanjiro who had just struck the former Hashira.

You sighed, changing your mind to look at the young man beside you, "And what is your name?"

Considering that you were able to calm his brute of a father, he too trusted you, "S-Senjuro...Senjuro Rengoku. I am Shinjuro Rengoku's second son."

You looked at his hair, "Figured."

"Shimadzu-sama!" Tanjiro was shocked to see you here.

"Tanjiro." He froze, feeling an immense aura coming from you.

You've always held a soft spoken voice when talking to him. Every time he sees you, you were always smiling. You radiated this warm energy that made him feel safe. But now. Your presence was so overwhelming that it felt menacing. Tanjiro didn't know what else to do except kneel.