𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐𝟒.

Chapter Twenty Four:
Noble Blood

"Who? You think you're better than me?"

。o°✥✤✣ ✣✤✥°o。

"Gyutaro..."

-

"When born into the rich and elite, families of royal blood look down on hard work. Effort is for the weak. Everything should come easily to those who hail from nobility."

Your father said those words almost on a daily basis that sometimes, you would count the days when he wouldn't. He went out of his way to constantly remind you and Mizu that you two descended from Samurai Aristocracy.

You weren't going to lie— it sort of gave you a God complex.

You could say the same thing about Mizu as well. In fact, he was probably worst than you. He looked down on others, so much so that if anyone were to glance at the Shimadzu Family the wrong way, he would be quick to punish them. Wether that be verbally or physically. From a very young age, you believed you and your family were untouchable.

Roughly 100+ Years Ago

"When born into the rich and elite, families of royal blood look down on hard work. Effort is for the weak. Everything should come easily to those who hail from nobility." You looked down at the young demon siblings, "Do you understand Gyutaro? Daki?"

They nodded silently.

You first met those two when they became Upper Moon Six. Douma was excited to introduce you to them to witness your reaction. And you could see why. They reminded you very much of your relationship with Mizu. Sitting down on a mat in the Infinity Fortress, you analyzed the newly replaced upper rank. Daki gulped as she felt like you were glaring rather than simply looking. Douma laid his head on your lap and ushered you to play with his hair.

"You were the one who turned them Douma?"

"Yes! Yes I was Lady Shimadzu! Aren't you proud of them! They made sure to climb up to reach our status! Oh! You're proud of me too right? Tell me you are! Tell-"

Your fingers that were softly brushing through his hair curled into a fist as you pulled. Douma's head came clean off.

"Shut up."

His smile grew bigger, "Oh to have the Lady Shimadzu rip my head clean off! You must be very proud of me!"

You paid the idiot no mind, having your gaze still fixated at the two sitting parallel from you, "Now that you two are of upper ranks. Do not forget my words."

Daki and Gyutaro lowered their heads, "We would never Lady Shimadzu."

Present Time

You walked a little bit ahead of Upper Moon Six as he took you to a more secluded area of the district. His head hung low, only focusing on your shoes as they made light prints on the dirt.