Prologue

- Year: 1992 -

The streets of New York were busy with the hustle and bustle of everyday life just like always. A family of five walked through the crowds of people, the mother dragging the youngest along. 

"I'm tired."

"It's not that much further honey."

"We've been walking for hours," he whined.

She picked the six year old up allowing him to rest his head on her shoulder. After a few minutes, they arrived at their destination. 

A tall white building that looked just like the others around it. The father walked ahead with the two oldest kids, the only two he liked.

"This place smells funny," the youngest whispered to his mother making her chuckle.

The family moved forward, further into the building. To most it looked normal, just like any other building around it. But to the six year old, it was leaving a sick feeling in his stomach.

The putrid smells, the immense volume of sounds and the horrific sights were enough to make the young boy bury his face in his mother's shoulder.  

He knew immediately where they were, his father told them all the stories - regardless of the times, his mother tried to take him away so he wouldn't here such horrific things. 

She loved her youngest the most. While her oldest two were so much like their father, he was like her. 

He wanted to wriggle out of his mother's grasp, run from what was about to happen. He looked at his mother, tear filled eyes and shaking his head. 

"No."

He moved his head upwards to his right, like he had a twitch in his neck. 

"No."

He repeated the action again.

"No."

And again....

BANG!