~ Chapter 4 ~

"MONSTERS! MONSTERS APPROACHING THE WALL!"

I flinched at the loud noise while P/N howled in fright. I quickly gave them a few cheek scratches of reassurance.

"Looks like the frenzied creatures have reached the city!" Hollyberry Cookie raised her shield.

"Leave them to me." Wildberry Cookie said.

"We must help protect the city! Cookies, get to safety!" Hollyberry Cookie yelled.

[After the little fight...]

I looked around the main centre of Dragon City, admiring all of it and wondering what my parents did here. Cookies called out to others to try get to get some sales done.

"Potions! Get your potions! Wyvern Tear Tinctures, Troll Toenail Solutions, we carry everything you need!"

I looked at the Cookie who had said that, and I swear they looked familiar. Whatever. I didn't have time to figure out who that actually was. I could probably do that later.

"Let's get something to eat!"

I turned to Hollyberry Cookie, and P/N trotted over to her.

"Excccellent! I'm famissshed! Thisss Cookie body is getting hungry... too easssily," Pitaya Cookie groaned.

"Well, you'll have to get used to it!" I brushed a hand through his hair.

"... But I don't wanna go..!"

I turned my head to look at a young Cookie crying to her mother.

"But you never know when the dragon will come!" Her mother protested. "Now be a good kid and let's go! We must move somewhere safe."

"No! I wanna stay here, at home!" Her daughter retorted.

"Come on, just ten days?" Her mother tried to reassure her. "Let's go in the morning and stay just for ten days, okay?"

My heart dropped. How sad! Some of the Cookies living here were having to escape the place to get away from the dragon. The little Cookie continued to cry, and I wanted to help her so badly! But then again, I had other duties with Hollyberry Cookie, Wildberry Cookie, and Pitaya Cookie. I was torn between my kindness and my priorities. P/N could sense it and whimpered. They wanted to help, too.

Then, out of nowhere, I head a puking, choking sound. I nearly fell off of P/N. What is going on with me today? Why am I so clumsy and easily scared? Sheesh!

"GAH!" It was Pitaya Cookie. "IT... SSSTUCK IN MY... THROAT! JUICCCE...! BRING JUICE!"

I leapt off of P/N and swung a punch into his chest, causing him to cough it up.

"BLEH! OWW, EVERYTHING HURTS!"

"Sorry! It's just a bit of an instinct!"

"*GAAAAaaasp* It's fine. Totally fine! Just BRING JUICE, PLEASE. MY THROAT SSSTILL HURTS...!"

"On it!"

I grabbed some juice I had stashed away in a little cup and gave it to Pitaya Cookie. He ripped off the lid and gulped it down in one go.

"Thanks, Y/N Cookie."

"It's no problem at all! Just, please, don't be so stupid next time, alright?"

"Yep. Got it."

"Good."

"WHOAH! So cool!" Some Cookies screamed behind us in amazement and excitement.

We both looked their way to see a crowd of girls huddling something or someone.