Chapter 4

Wait, he did? How? Did Yeonjun tell him too? Or did Yeonjun tell Soobin and then Soobin told Taehyun? Did they talk about him? Was it something embarrassing??

"In fact, It's because of Yeonjun too. I hear him and another guy shout your name whenever they call you in the hallways."

... That was even more embarrassing than he thought.

If he heard Yeonjun and Kai shout like that, then he probably heard Beomgyu shout twice as louder.He has a really loud voice by nature, but sometimes he forgets other people are around him.

What if he shouted something super humiliating and Teahyun had heard him?

"I'm sorry about that, we can be pretty loud when we're together." He apologized.

"It's alright, you guys seem to be having fun."

Fun? Yeah, he guess he is having fun with his friends, but he never would have thought Taehyun to consider that to be something 'fun'.

Taehyun was more of the quiet type and so was Soobin. They both looked like the calm and collected kids that made you feel at ease whenever you talked to them.

Did Taehyun want to shout in the hallways with them? Beomgyu wasn't going to complain if he wanted to.

Beomgyu just smiled in response, not to sure what to reply, but he continued browsing the cards infront of him.

Most of these cards had a romantic vibe to them. He opened a few and some of them had stuff written inside. Some poetic citations and some nostalgic confessions.

Wait, is Taehyun going to confess to someone?

Does he know that person? Is he going to send the letter anonymously or is he going to sign the card? Was the person going to accept Taehyun's heart? Of course they would. Who in their right mind would reject a guy like that?

Whoever that person is, they'll be really happy when they'll receive his letter Tuesday.

"Do you want an empty one or one that already has something written in it?"

"Which one do you prefer?"

Why did he want to know which one he preferred? Why did his opinion matter? It's not like he's sending this to Beomgyu. But he didn't want to leave Taehyun hanging.

"Personally, I like the empty ones better. Like that you can write whatever you want in it. If I were to receive a letter from someone, I'd want it to have a message from the heart and mind of the writer. Instead of some already written by a bot note. I don't know if that makes sense."

Taehyun must've found the bot joke funny, because he heard a shy laugh coming from him. He could see his teeth show up through his lips as he giggled. He really did have the prettiest smile Beomgyu has ever laid eyes on.

He couldn't forget how contagious his smile is, because here he was again. Smiling back at Taehyun just like a mirror.

"No, no, I get what you mean." He let out with his small laugh. "I was thinking the same thing."

At that, Beomgyu couldn't help but laugh with Taehyun. He didn't know if he was laughing out of nervousness or because he was content to share the same thought as Taehyun.

Both of their laughs ringing in Beomgyu's ears made him want to run a marathon against his heart because of how fast it was beating. He felt like they were in another place, another world with no one around.

Just them.

Beomgyu continued looking for the perfect card for Taehyun. Suddenly, one of them caught his eye.
It was cute and pretty, just like Taehyun.
It had a nice shade of pink, just like Taehyun's hair.
It had hints of black, just like Taehyun's eyes.
Could he stop thinking about Taehyun for once?

But the card really was pretty... Maybe he should add it to his collection of self-sent cards.

"Do you like that one?" Taehyun asked.

That almost made Beomgyu jump. He felt his heart skip a beat.

Again, why does it matter if Beomgyu likes it or not? He wasn't the one receiving anyway.

"Yeah, it looks pretty cute." 'Like you' but he wasn't bold enough to say that out loud.

"I'll take it then."

"Huh? But you didn't even look inside of it."

"It's okay. If you like it, then I trust you."

Why. Why was everything that came out of that boy's mouth make Beomgyu's poor little heart ache like that. It was getting kind of painful now, but it also made him feel like he was floating on a cloud.

Beomgyu was too speechless to say anything. "Do you need anything else?"

"No, that's all." But he looked like he still had something else to say. "Aren't you getting one too?"

Right, Beomgyu came here to get stickers. Not to fall for a boy he barely even knew.

But maybe he'll take a card too. Just for good measures to beat Yeonjun in this made up card contest.

"Yeah I guess I could. I think I'll get the same as yours." He smiled.

Maybe his smile could be a tiny bit as contagious as Taehyun's. Beomgyu wanted to see Taehyun smile again. It was kind of addicting at this point, but it all faltered when he glanced at the other to see not even an inch of upturned lip corner appear on the boy's face.

Was Beomgyu really that hard to look at? Was it the way he dressed? He was wearing a black hoodie with beige cargo pants and a classic pair of vans. Was that too basic for Taehyun? Or was it something he said? Was he smelly? Beomgyu's pool of thought ended when the other started.

"Who is it for?"