Chapter 5

…Beomgyu couldn’t tell him it was for himself. He didn’t want to imagine what Taehyun would think of his stupid and pathetic plan.

“Did you really think I’d tell you?” he chuckled.

“Maybe” This time, Taehyun laughed with him.

There it was again.
The beautiful smile Beomgyu was so anticipated to see. Beomgyu was already smiling, but now he couldn’t help but stretch his smile even more. It made his cheeks hurt a little, but he couldn't stop.

If Taehyun had the guts to ask Beomgyu that question, then Beomgyu should too right?

“Who are you sending it to?”

He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know the answer to that question, but he certainly did want Taehyun to continue talking and smiling to him.

“So you expect me to answer you after you refused to respond to my question?” His laugh getting louder, but it still sounded small compared to Beomgyu’s.

“Maybe” Putting the words back to his face.

“Is it someone I know?”

“Y-“ a ringtone starts coming out of Taehyun’s pocket. He grabs it to check who it is. “Shit.”

Somehow, hearing the younger curse made Beomgyu feel at ease that the other was comfortable enough to curse with him.

Were they friends now? That’s what you do with friends right?

“It’s Soobin, he said he would pick me up. I gotta go.” He said staring back into Beomgyu’s eyes. He felt a weight in them that felt like he didn’t want to leave.

“Maybe I’ll see you again.”

He went to the cashier and left.

What did he mean maybe? Weren’t they friends now? If they were friends, then they should meet more often right? What if Taehyun didn’t consider him as a friend.

Now that Beomgyu thinks about it, he wanted to consider Taehyun as more than a friend.

A best friend maybe?

But he didn’t want to classify Taehyun as the same rank as Yeonjun and Kai. He didn’t feel the same way about Taehyun

Wait- what did he feel about the younger? What were these feelings?

Beomgyu had to stop overthinking everything. He grabbed a random pack of Valentine’s stickers and got to the cashier.

When he got outside, there were no cars with people in them. Taehyun and Soobin probably already left.

Good, he didn’t feel like talking to them right now. His head was filled with too many thoughts that he could articulate well. He could barely even say anything to the cashier earlier. He nearly forgot what a receipt was.