Chapter 7: Holding the gun

Kailey's POV

It's been a week since Adrianna went missing and I'm with Chad right now. We told the cops and they did shit to help her. I confronted Adrianna's father and got a slap to the face. I told Chad and he told me to wait it out. But, I want my bestie back! John thinks she is dead and has went into a depression where he will talk to no one. She can't be dead. She has to be kidnapped. I hope. I snap out of my thoughts to Chads hand waving in front of my face.

"Huh? Sorry." I say and Chad sighs as pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me. I smile softly and lean back as he hums a soft tune to ease me. "You need to relax babe. Everything will be alright." He says and he rubs circles on my thigh. "I love you." He says and I smile as the familiar feeling of butterflies fill my stomach from those three words. "I love you." I say and he smiles as I blush. But I can't do this not now.

I stand up and ruin the moment as Chad frowns. "I'm sorry but I need to find Adrianna." I say and head to her room as Chad follows me. I check under the bed and find a box with letters and papers. I take it out and start to go through it looking through everything. This might lead me to where she is. "What are you looking for?" Chad says and he sits on the floor next to me. "Trying to find anything to figure out who took Adrianna." I say as I read a threat letter. It's signed by, 'M.K. M.". Who the hell is that?

"Babe search what M.K.M might stand for? Please?" I say as I find more threat letters from this guy.....or girl. Chad does as said and laughs, "All that comes up is a criminal that dresses as Mickey from the Magic Kingdom, or Disney world." he says and I smile that we have found him. "Figure out where he might live. please?" I say almost forgetting my manners as I continue to look. I find notes with weird symbols and they look ancient. Maybe I'm going to deep into things but these seem familiar, I'll just shove them in my pocket and search them up when I have spare time.

"Aha! He lives in California and we are in New York City. Looks like we get to go on a rescue mission!" Chad says and I roll my eyes and tell him to buy the tickets. I clean everything up and leave the symbols in my bag pocket as Chad prints the tickets out. "We are flying out 5am on Sunday so I'll wake you up at 2am to get ready to leave." Chad says and I nod as I go to my room tired. Have I also said that Chad lives here now because Adrianna's farther left once he slapped me? Well it's true.

*Time skip to when they get to the hotel in California*

I flop on the bed and groan as Chad does the same. That flight was the worst idea ever! Remind me to never again do this out of the blue. I sit up and remember that Adrianna is at steak here. Chad did more research and told me that the guy gives the kidnappers 'nightmares' then kills them while they are suffering extremely. I get up and change into a new outfit and put on my new necklace that Chad got me. I smile and turn around to see Chad looking at me and I instantly blush. I forgot he was in the room.

"Free show, alright." He says with a smirk as he leans back on the headboard. "Oh shut it! We have to find Adge before she is killed." I say and Chad gets up and changes in the bathroom, he gets a show but I don't! Not fair! I grab my phone and we head to our rental car to drive around for abandoned houses. We soon find three in a row and we pull up to the creepiest looking one. I tell Chad to stay in the car but he follows anyway as I sneak into the house.

I hear screams from the basement and then a whip sound. This must be it. I walk slowly down the stairs and I creek one of the steps on accident causing everything to grow quite. The basement door is swung open and I'm met with Mickey Mouse holding a gun aimed towards me. I bite my lip and launch my self at the guy as he fires the gun. I'm hit but I grab the gun from him and shoot him in the head twice and once in the dick. Then I feel the pain of my stomach as I drop the gun and stumble to the floor. I get up with one hand as I hold the wound with the other. I stumble over to Chad who is untying Adrianna and I cough up some blood as Adrianna hugs me. Chad calls the police and Adrianna helps me up the stairs.

"Kailey! Oh my god! I thought I was going to die! You did it! I'm safe!" She says and I smile as I cough up more blood and fight my eyes that try to close. "Keep your eyes open. Its my turn to get you safe now." she says and I shake my head as I see the police lights. I smile weakly and close my eyes as I say,

"I am safe."

(A/N: ALRIGHT! I hope you loved that pain filled chapter. Oh my god this is only 7 Chapters and I already killed someone! Anyways, Kailey out!)

961 words.