Chapter 18: A New Friend

Dear Diary,

After about three days at the academy, I created a plan based on what I had learned so far. The plan was as follows:

- Befriend the principal's daughter, Mia.

- Use her to get the information I needed.

- See if I could get any valuable information from her friends.

- Send the evidence and data to the organization.

As I walked to class, I encountered Mia (the principal's daughter), and as luck would have it, Tracy who was chatting and laughing in the hall. Tracy beat me to it! I realized I had to step up my game.

While I wandered around the neighborhood, I witnessed some thugs attacking Mia. I quickly swooped in, and, with a few moves, the thugs ran crying to Mama. When I turned around, I saw an awestruck Mia. She thanked me profusely and quickly hurried home.

The next day, I ate lunch and did a quick recap. Step one of the mission was almost complete. However, I felt slightly guilty for paying the thugs, but it was for the mission. What was I turning into? I was eating lunch when Mia suddenly sat beside me and started thanking me repeatedly for the day before. She then asked me if I wanted to watch a movie just the two of us that evening. I agreed, of course.

After the movie, Mia and I chatted. I managed to steer the conversation toward her father.

"I don't know how to say this but I feel so empty these days my dad has been working late and forbade me from entering his room. Life is so boring and quiet." Mia said in a sad tone.

"I understand," I replied in a soothing tone.

"Anyway, do you like mint ice cream?" she said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Not really, but I love vanilla, strawberry, and bubblegum. What about you?" I replied.

"I love vanilla as well," she replied, and we chatted for hours

"I love vanilla as well," she replied, and we chatted for hours. I discovered we had a lot of things in common.

We met at school the next day, and I realized if I was ever going to learn anything about her father, I needed to get into his room because, from what Mia told me last night, I felt some information about the project lay in his room.

"Mia, we should organize a sleepover sometime. I would invite you to my house if I could, but it is such a mess," I said.

"Well, that's a bit sudden, but a great idea, Sera. I will see if I can get my dad to agree to the sleepover," she replied in excitement.