Chapter 22: Questions and Answers

Dear Diary,

Today, I called Black Lotus about some details of the mission but I didn't forget to ask about K. Anyone with an IQ over 100 could sense she was hiding something, but the question was - what?I started to miss K a lot and I did my best to hide it.

"What's up?" Mia suddenly called."Pardon?" I replied, "I have been calling you but you ignored me," she paused and looked at me, "are you okay?"

"I am fine" I wasn't fine but how was I going to tell her that, anyway it didn't matter Mia was just a pawn in my mission nonetheless a crucial pawn.

"Come with me!"Tracy took me to a warehouse - an abandoned one. I wondered why and my questions were about to be answered. Mia walked in with a couple of guards. nothing is ever as it seems. She opened a hidden door and we quietly followed behind. We followed her for a while until she reached a cell, out of curiosity I peeked inside and what I saw shocked me to my core. It was Kevin tied up and immobilized, I wanted to attack Mia at that moment however Tracy stopped me, it's not like she cared for Kevin."You can't be rash, you have to separate work and emotions" Tracy whispered."WHAT ABOUT YOU!" I replied a little too loudly drawing Mia's attention to us and not Kevin."What do we have here?" Mia said as she looked at us, "Get them boys."A bunch of guards were not a problem for two trained agents but what Mia did next was what brought me to my knees. Mia brought out a knife and made a marking on K's neck causing blood to flow out. I had no choice but to surrender as she knew I would."Next time separate your job from your love life," Mia said rather menacingly, "I hope you remember this lesson."

kick. Out of nowhere, a kick landed on the brat's face. "And next time you should shut up!" Tracy said. "What do we do now?"

"We need to find a way to make her budge and reveal her secrets"

Tracy and I tied her up and waited for Mia to wake up, when she did the interrogation began."We have told your father that you betrayed him by working with the enemy and inviting them over," Tracy said."What!?" Mia asked."You know a lot, what will happen to you if we let you go?" I stepped in."What do you two want?""What we want is very simple, as of now your father believes that you betrayed him," I replied to Mia. "If we let you go, no one can save you however if you work with us we will protect you from your father.""MY FATHER WOULD NEVER HARM ME""Do you want to bet on it?" I replied. I hated to admit it but I loved threatening her, besides, she deserved every bit of it.Feeling defeated she confessed and told us everything. With that evidence, we could put Mr. Bloomberg behind bars and our agents released Kevin.

What bugged me was why Black Lotus hid Kevin's whereabouts?......