Chapter 3

Someone grabbed me by my waist and pulled me, making me fall with a loud thud, the small stones and pebbles piercing my skin. Fear gripped me as dizziness came engulfing me. Losing my senses I was about to hit my head in the nearest stone but the pain never came.
I felt something wet against my lips urging me to open my mouth. Jerking, I opened my eyes breathing heavily, oh god oh god what's happening. I felt a touch on my arms drawing soothing circles and that's when my eyes adjusted to the darkness and saw a large figure crouching before me holding a bottle of water. Wait, am I not dead or does grim reaper carries a bottle of water everywhere for the souls. Definitely not the latter because I was for sure that grim reaper doesn't wear tux or maybe he does. Genz kinda thing I guess.
"Drink."
Oh. God.
That. Voice.
I know this is probably not the time but this creature got the most prettiest voice, like whiskey, rough at the edges and so husky making me shiver.
"You got a pretty voice." I said dreamily.
No I didn't say that, its just my suicidal version speaking. And my inner voice thought it was the right time to teach me morals, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦. 𝘞𝘰𝘸 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘱𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘢.

He cleared his throat, bringing the bottle of water against my lips again. This time without denying the gesture, I gulped down half of the water from the bottle. A sigh escaped my lips as the water felt like heaven.
Without wasting any more time I decided to study the creature sitting infront of me. The soft glow of moon didn't help much but was enough to notice those, oh so green eyes of his, like the forest after rain, like the earth, Gosh...thank God I didn't die, it would be such a loss to die without capturing such a beautiful creation with my brushes.
"Are you crazy?" that voice again!! That rough husky voice. I was about to squeal but wait did he just call me crazy?
"Excuse me.." how dare he, I'm far from being crazy. My 6th standard teacher used to say I'm gifted with a genius IQ when I solved a 7th standard sum.
"Don't die", he whispered, which sounded a lot like plea. With that he stood up and strode off disappearing into the darkness. My lips wobbled, a strange feeling filled my heart. Why would someone care if I was dead or not, I was sure no one would even bother to find my body. This stranger did something which my own father never did. He cared.

I cried again.

~~~~~~~~~~

I returned home the next morning. After getting fresh, I sat on my bed and thought about everything that happened within the last 24 hours. Glancing back at the art which took every bit of my sanity, which harassed me emotionally, sat in my room nonchalantly, like nothing happened, like everything about this situation was normal. I felt tired, so tired. I can't spend my entire life this way, I'm not strong enough to survive this. Something must be done, I deserve a happy life, a better life.

There's no way I can lose now, I have to do something. I have to escape.

I walked towards the easel, took off the previous painting and placed a fresh canvas. I held the brushes between my fingers and started stroking soft lines, mixing different shades of green until I got the perfect one.

Hours and hours passed, and one of the most beautiful creation of mine was before me. Those beautiful green orbs looked back at me, my skin felt hot and blush crept up my cheeks. A giggle left my lips. Whew, I'm a total goner.
But there's was something off with the painting, like the eyes looked dead. I frowned, there's no way I could forget a single detail of those eyes, maybe I wasn't that good of a painter to draw something so beautiful, something so unreal. Wish I could see them again and if next time I look at them, I will carve it in my heart.
I smiled, those eyes saved me, now those eyes will take me forward and I'm not giving up until I see them again and make them mine. He's the reason I survived, he will be the reason for me to live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Look, he's my man. Stay away. Bwahahahaha.
And please press the ⭐️ if you liked the chapter. It really helps a lot!!!
Byeeeeeeeeeeee!!!