124. I Promise 🤞

The day has finally come for Monica to move. The movers loaded up two trucks. TWO BIG TRUCKS! I was happy that Monica's stuff was out of my house. I was going to miss her paying me rent money, but all things have an end. I waved good-bye to the trucks as they left my property and drove to Zeke and Monica's new house. I haven't seen it in-person, but the photos of it were ridiculous. They were gonna live like royalty for sure, and I ain't mad at them. Just as long as they don't go broke and come looking for me. Thankfully, I'll be far away in East Grove. 

A week from now, Monica and I will be back home at her wedding. Zeke and A.B. left this weekend for the ribbon cutting ceremony of their new building. It was the first building in East Grove with shopping stores on the first floor and apartments above it. Crazy enough, fans spotted Zeke out with A.B. and pictures have been all over social media about Zeke scouting for new talent to be on his show The Power House. This is what Monica told me anyway.

With a clear house that needed serious cleaning from all the dust that collected from Monica's boxes, I decided today I would clean my house from top to bottom. I don't think I knew what I was getting myself into. Seconds away from starting, I got a call.

"Hey Cha-Cha!" I exclaimed.

"Hi, Jamie! I heard you were leaving L.A. to go back to your hometown in a few days. I wanted to see if you were busy and wanted to hang out."

I sighed, "I am about to get started on cleaning my house, but... I could use the company. A.B. is in East Grove with Zeke. Monica and Mrs. Rivers are waiting for the movers to get to the new house, and Deonte is in the studio with Jiles and Trenton."

"Jamie, I'm coming over to you."

I said, "As long as you don't mind just sitting around while I clean."

"Not at all. I'll be over in about 30 to 40 minutes."

"Okay. Sounds good. See you soon."

"Okay. Bye." Cha-Cha hung up.

I hung up my phone. That was a surprise. Well, let the cleaning begin. I put my album "Sugarcoat" on play as I started upstairs in my bedroom. I danced as I removed my old bedsheets and replaced them with clean ones. I swept and mopped the bedroom and bathroom floors. I wiped down the counters and dusted in every nook and cranny. I felt like a maid, but I soon realized that it has been almost a year since I've cleaned up after myself. Not to say that I was messy, but living at the Rivers' Residence, I didn't have to clean my room. Bridgette or sometimes the extra cleaners did that. Even here, Monica kept everything cleaned. Wow, never thought I'd have other people cleaning up after me. What a blessing! It's definitely the little things. By the time I finished my bedroom and bathroom, I was downstairs taking a snack break. 

As I raided the pantry, I heard the doorbell. I skipped over to the front door and looked through the peephole. I saw Cha-Cha and Chanel. 

I quickly opened the front door. "Y'all made it! Come on in."

"Jae!" Chanel smiled at me.

They carried two round containers and a flat one.

"What's all this?" I asked them.

"I thought you might be hungry. So, I brought rice, beans, shredded chicken, and lettuce, because it's a lettuce wrap meal."

"Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad we are friends. Take it all to the kitchen. We can eat now."

They both laughed as I closed the front door.

Soon, we were sitting at my kitchen table, laughing and eating.

"What did your mama say when she found out about Cash's girlfriend?" I asked them.

Cha-Cha shook her head.