Chapter 3 - Nothing

Itoshi Sae acknowledges Isagi Yoichi over Itoshi Rin!! Itoshi Rin's heart shatters. Is the hate between the brothers one-sided?

.....

Rin couldn't believe his eyes. What kind of shitass post was this? Someone must have recorded their conversation after the u20 japan vs bl11 match. Everyone was focused on the victory of Blue Lock so it's not really surprising that no one noticed.

Rin sighed for what seemed to be the nth time this day. To be honest, he is tired of all this, tired of being compared, tired of uncomfortable stares, tired of hating Isagi, tired of wishing for Sae's acknowledgement, tired of being dissapointed in Sae again and again, tired of the obstacle in his life called Itoshi Sae.

At one point in life Itoshi Rin was the happiest when someone compared him with his brother. He was the happiest when someone said that he looks like him, when someone said that he plays like him, when someone said that he behaves like him.

But now all that happiness has turned into sheer sorrow and rage. Now nothing is more painful than being reminded of his shitty brother. Nothing is more uncomfortable than being compared to him. Nothing is more disgusting than looking like him.

Rin is done. Done with with being Itoshi Sae's younger brother. Done with playing football for someone other than himself. Those memories of their childhood together mean nothing. The past means nothing.

'The only thing I have to do now is look forward for the sake of my own future.'

When was the last time Rin had thought only about himself? Maybe never.

The only time he had felt free was playing against the u20 Japan team in the last few minutes.

Freedom.

Rin now wanted freedom. It wasn't easy to forgive and forget and it will not be easy moving forward with the immense hatred and longing burried deep inside his heart but Rin had never stopped trying. In the past, Rin had worked harder than anyone else to surpass Sae, to fulfill his revenge, to make Sae acknowledge him, to prove him wrong.

Now Rin will work harder than anyone for his Freedom, for his happiness, for himself.

Rin doesn't care what everyone thinks about him. What the internet says. What the world says. They can all go to hell for all he cares.
Maybe before he would have thought what Sae would think about it but now he doesn't care.

He won't lie there is resentment in his heart but it isn't enough to burn him whole like it did before.

There is a little curiosity about what Sae feels about this but it isn't enough for him to think about it whole day long.

He is sure that this whole article thing is not even that big of a deal. It will die down itself when something more interesting comes up. Like Anri-San said he doesn't need to concern himself with this and even if it does becomes a problem she can handle it herself.

***

Giraud Dabadie is currently facing a major problem. If you don't know Giraud is one of the best sports manager a player could get. He is good at almost everything but handling Itoshi Sae is not something even Giraud could do.

The major problem Giraud is facing is the recent article about Itoshi-Chan.

Itoshi-Chan has a very good reputation for being a world renowned midfielder but his reputation as a person is rock bottom. He is sure that after this his reputation will suffer even more.

'I will try to do something about this.'

This is what he would have thought but Itoshi-Chan had completely different plans.

When this article was published the first to inform him about this wasn't one of the assistants but rather Itoshi-Chan himself. He recalls his conversation with him. Itoshi-Chan had a rare 'somewhat displeased somewhat angry' look on his face. Itoshi-Chan doesn't get worked up about anything easily. So it was really a rare sight to see.

"Make it disappear!"

This is what Itoshi-Chan had told him to do. So he will do his best. Giraud has a feeling that something is about to happen in Itoshi Sae's life. He just hopes that it is a pleasant event and not a disaster.