~The Evening~

Willow had immediately agreed when Hunter had asked her if she wanted to join him for a movie night and that made him incredibly happy.

When Hunter walked out of the living room, where he had asked Willow, into the hallway, there stood Luz, grinning from ear to ear. She playfully nudged him with her elbow.

"What are you doing here? "Hunter hissed, crossing his arms, but Luz chuckled softly.

"A movie night, then. "she whispered and winked, "Sure sets a romantic mood."

Hunter rolled his eyes but felt his heart start to beat faster. Confused, he put his hand over his pounding heart and looked over at Luz who was now smiling softly instead of teasingly.

"I've always felt the same way around Amity," she said sympathetically, "Don't make the same mistake I did and procrastinate, just tell her."

Hunter's throat suddenly felt tight. "Tell her what?" he asked, gasping for air. Luz gently put an arm around his shoulders and said, "That you like her. Love is not a bad thing Hunter. It connects us all. Whether it's a familial bond or a romantic one. You don't have to be afraid to love. Just let that feeling happen."

Hunter swallowed and avoided her gaze as he said, "But, how- how can I be sure it's love?"

"Only you can know that," Luz explained softly, "but something tells me you already do."

And that's when Hunter looked up and smiled gently at her, too, because Luz was right. He was in love with Willow Park.

~•~

As evening fell, the others got ready for the fair and Hunter prepared himself for the conversation he was about to have. He kept telling himself that everything would be fine, but somehow he didn't quite believe it himself, so it wasn't really of great use. There were so many things that could and would go wrong, with his luck, and he didn't know what to do to calm himself down.

From the kitchen window, he watched the others get into Camila's car and drive off to the fair.
Luz waved at Hunter, giving him a thumbs up and an uplifting smile.

He sighed. He had to make this work. He had to tell Willow how he felt, she had a right to know. He just didn't think she would feel the same way. Why should she?

"Hunter?" Willow asked softly, standing in the kitchen doorway, "You seem a little distracted. Is everything okay?"

Hunter felt his ears turn pink. "Yes- of course- everything is fine!"

They sat down together on the couch. Hunter sat down a little further away from Willow on purpose so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable, but she moved a little closer and that warmed his heart.

They started the first movie, but Hunter's head was working so hard that he didn't really noticed what the movie was about.

It didn't help that as soon as he sat next to Willow, he suddenly felt this fatigue. It was as if his body only felt safe enough with her to fall into a restful sleep.

Again and again his eyes fell shut for seconds and he had to stop himself from yawning several times.

He didn't know how to hold a important conversation in this state. Willow just had this effect on him.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to close his eyes for a few minutes. After that he would probably feel better and could finally talk to Willow about everything that had happened without almost falling asleep.

He looked over at her again. There was a sweet smile on her lips and her cheeks were slightly flushed. Her gaze was directed to the TV, so she didn't notice how Hunter was looking at her dreamily.

She certainly wouldn't notice if he closed his eyes once very briefly.
So Hunter tiredly let his eyelids fall closed and only vaguely noticed how he gently leaned against Willow.