Billionaire Love - Part Two

Oh God. What have I done?!

The girl stumbled through the endless white halls, searching blindly for the exit as tears crowded her vision.

How could she have done that? How could she have been so stupid? How could she have let all the turmoil that had been ripping through her these past weeks explode onto the lap of one cold billionaire's son? Her parents would kill her if they found out - if they did not rip through each other first.

A sob escaped her throat, and she reeled back just in time before colliding with a blurred figure. The figure stopped, seemingly shocked.

"Ma'am," the cultured voice pierced through her conscience. "This part of the restaurant is for authorized personnel only and we ask - oh! Are you alright? Do you need some assistance?"

A hand came out to rest on her shoulder, causing her to cringe back.

"I-I'm fine," she stuttered, trying to escape. "I just lost my way..."

"I will lead you back outside to the customers' ro-"

"No!"

Clemein yanked out of his grasp, the thought of those smiling faces pressing in on her more terrifying than any staff member's wrath. Before he could catch her again, she darted down the hall and turned the corner, running, crying, trying to find a way through her emotional mire.

Darling, why would you ask such a thing? Of course I love your father!

The voices seemed to echo in her brain, torturing her.

Your mother is a beauty. Why would you think I'm seeing someone else?

Last night? Oh, you mean the shouting! Oh, don't worry dear, it was nothing, really.

You mean the woman? She is just an employee - needed to drop off papers.

I don't understand your pestering, all things point to-

I can assure you, dear, that-

It's so obvious-

Mr. and Mrs. Jaquelar are perfect.

"Lies," Clemein staggered, her hands seeking support on the wall as she cried brokenly. "Lies and smiles and lies and pain and hypocrites and cold unfeeling-"

She stopped. Her hand collided with a doorknob. She felt herself fling it open, see the small closet, the cleaning supplies, the shadowy light - the safe refuge of her childhood years.

Quickly, she stepped in, shutting the door behind her as if she had just shut out the world, with all its twisted horrors and scars. It had been hard for her at first, doing that. But for a little girl surrounded by riches and extravagance and perfection, a small, dark closet was a blessed sanctuary.

Clemein breathed, letting the tears fall as the musty air enveloped her. Darkness dimmed the world around, silence held in kind respect, no one could see her, no one could touch her. She was safe.

Time passed as her sobs reduced to hiccups, and she let out a shaky sigh, resting her head against the wall.

Where were her parents? They usually called by now, waiting outside to pick her up. And what of the boy? Where was he?

A small laugh escaped her mouth. Oh, how she had yelled at him, ranted and raved. Perhaps it was his suit, or the way he looked at her, or the way he seemed just as trapped as she was...

Clemein shook her head.

For a moment, she had to admit he was handsome, breathtaking even. The way he stared at her with those deep blue eyes, his dark hair slighty tousled, his defined jaw slightly agape. No man had stopped her heart like that - his quiet masculine presence seemed like a magnet that pulled her to him.