Chapter 5: Meshing Together

"He looks at her like he just realized what love is"

Recap: The night ended with laughter and talks of the classes of tomorrow.
~~~

Melody POV:
The morning was filled with chaos and us girls busy trying to look our best.
I mean it is the first day after all. I have to look presentable.

After combing my hip-length strawberry hair relentlessly until all the knots were out and my waves became soft to the touch, I started to style it. A half up hairstyle with a braid coming down, held together via a pale yellow bow.
Once I was satisfied with my hair I began working on my face.

White liner in the waterline to make my eyes appear bigger, downturned puppy eyeliner and mascara, concealer in any patchy spots, some strawberry lip tint and gloss, and a bit of eyebrow filler.
Perfect

I smile at my appearance
"You barely put any makeup on and you practically look like a goddess." Savannah complained. A blush rose to my cheeks.
"Says you! You don't even put anything more then mascara and some lip color. It's so unfair." I commented back
"I mean you could just be like me. And not give a damn about your appearance." Sadie said in the background.
"I'm good." I call back to her.
Walking out of the bathroom I still saw Sadie in bed.
"Sadie! You're gonna be late! It's almost 9:15 already. That means we only got like..30 minutes for breakfast!" I grab her shoulders and shake her lightly to emphasize my point.
She immediately perked up at the mention of food. "Well why didn't ya say so?!" She hastily pulled herself out of bed and grabbing a uniform from her trunk and retreated into the bathroom.

Damn I gotta change too.

Grabbing my clothes, I decided to just change in the main bedroom since the girls are in the bathroom.
"I'm naked don't come out of the bathroom!" I yell, I get a muffled 'ok!' As response.
Slipping into my school uniform, I make sure I got everything on right.
✔️Skirt is facing the right way 
✔️ White button down is tucked into skirt
✔️ Vest buttons are all correct
✔️ high socks stop right above my knee
shoes...still only got the converses. Whatever
tie the tie

How the fuck does one do this shit
I continued to struggle
"Savannah how do I do my tie!" I called out, she came running, looking as gorgeous as always.
"I gotcha babes!" She quickly did the loopy things and the pull through thingy. Patting it softly when she was finished. "Now tuck it into your vest."
I did as instructed "Got it." I grabbed my messenger bag with all the materials I will need for the day.
"Sadie let's go, we'll only get 15 minutes for breakfast!" Savannah whined.
"Coming!!" A half running, half jumping Sadie came out of the bathroom, trying to put her shoe on as she walked. Which somehow she was successful at. "Ready!" She flashed us a bright smile.
"Perfect" Savannah and I said in unison. Which we started to laugh

We walked down to the great hall.
Well more like jog because Sadie was dragging us there. She was apparently 'dying of starvation'.
We walked into the great hall giggling I could feel eyes on us. As I looked over to where it was coming from, the Slytherin table. I made eye contact with Elizabeth.
I gave her a big smile and wave, which she reciprocated before my attention was pulled back to the girls in front of me by Sadie suddenly pulling me down onto the bench facing away from the Slytherins.

"Eat." She commanded
"Ok girl chill." I said putting my hands up in surrender.
I grabbed a small bowl of cereal. But the milk was a tad bit far away, I stood up slightly so I could lean over to get it. Which my attempt was successful.
"Girl sit down, you got a big butt." Savannah said
"Huh?"
"Your skirt will come up if you keep doing that."

Oh my fucking god. Did I just accidentally flash everyone in Slytherin.

I quickly placed my bottom onto the bench holding the back of my skirt with my hands, and whipping my head around to assess the damage. Thankfully since classes were to start soon, not many people were at the table, and also majority weren't paying attention to me. All except my group from the train. They were all looking at me. A look of shock and smirks played on each of their faces. A deep red blush rose to my cheeks and my eyes became wide and within moments began to water.