Chatper 11: Personal Space

"Something about you makes me feel a little more alive and far less lost."

Recap:
last chapter from but from Toms POV

~~~

Toms POV:

My small gang and I were walking out of our class and to lunch. I could hear a small chorus of someone politely pushing through the ground of students behind me.

"Hi guys." The angelic voice spoke.

Melody.

"Oh hey Melody. Was that you calling for us?" Victor asked.
She nodded
"Sorry we didn't see ya." Abraxas replied.
"Here you girls get in front, don't wanna lose ya." Max pulled all three of them in front of us. Again having us behind them.
"What's got you so smiley?" Abraxas leaned down to her shoulder, talking into her ear.

I'm going to kill him.

I could see her physically jump at the sudden closeness, her face showed how obviously uncomfortable she was with that interaction.
"Oh nothing. No need to worry about it." He shrugged as she waved him off.

I turned, grabbing Abraxas by the collar of his shirt and pulling him towards me.
"You ever get that close to her again and I'll rip your eyes out." I threatened
Making him immediately turn pale, his lips form into a line and his eyes wide.

Melody looked at us for a moment before turning back around.
The girls began talking about classes and how last class was with a different group of students but the same house.

I was slightly confused when I didn't see Melody.
Our next classes will be together though

After we walked into the great hall for lunch we separated. Once we sat down I was immediately questioned by Abraxas.
"Riddle; what the fuck was that for?" He was angry yet kept his voice at a normal level.
"Are you questioning me." My voice was hostile and unhappy with his behavior. "I don't like your tone much Malfoy. Do I need to remind you who is superior here?" I spat.
He looked down immediately. "No, I apologize." He said scared.

Good. Be scared.

A satisfied smirk fell onto my lips. "That's what I thought."

The rest of lunch was silent with tension, but once it was over and we reconnected with our 'hufflebuddies' as Warren calls them, the tension dissipated.
I could see the students parting their way for us, not wanting to get into our way, in fear we would lose it and hex them.
I could see Melody lean over to Warren asking her why that is.
She simply told Melody to look behind her.
She turned and studied us. Giving me one of her smiles, while I didn't necessarily return the smile, I gave her a small nod to show I acknowledged her. Which seemed to satisfy her enough to turn back around.

When we walked into potions class, on the chalkboard was our destiny assignments. The girls decided they will go check and report back so that we don't all have to go at once.
Elizabeth then relayed who would be sitting with who.

The entire year. I will be next to Melody.

Abraxas began to complain how he didn't want to sit next to a random Hufflepuff girl. It seemed that every Slytherin was seated with a Hufflepuff.
Melody tried to look on the bright side of the situation. Telling Abraxas that maybe his partner will be nice. But of course Nott had to ruin it with objectifying the girl.