Chapter 1

Cristina and Meredith had brought Mr. Miller's scans and history to Derek.
While reading the scans Derek asks them " Where is gift shop?" . "Aren't you getting divorced"Cristina says shocked. "No , no it's not for Addison" Derek said still reading the scans. There was a silence for a little while. Derek looked at their faces and answered "I am not seeing anybody and it's not for Meredith. It's for one of the most important person in my life . If you and your friends find me a unique gift for her I will let you scrub in in two of my surgeries and even will let you do a procedure."
Both of their faces had no expression.
"So ? Derek asked.
"We are on it Dr. Shepherd" replied Cristina.
"Dr. Shepherd, Mr Miller has been asking to meet you. His previous doctor has recommended him that he comes to you . So he has been really wanting to meet you "said Meredith from behind.
"I will meet him after surgery and do tell your friends about the gift and don't let Mark know " he said strictly warning them.
On the other side
" Is this how I like it?" Mark asked Alex.
"Yes Dr Sloan just how you like it." replied Alex.
"Now you three Karev ,Stevens and O' Malley... listen to me very carefully I want you to find me a very unique gift. She is the most important person in my life so look accordingly and don't care about the price tag ." said Sloan
"and why would we do it" asked Izzie Stevens.
"Because I will let you guys scrub in two of my surgeries and even let you do a procedure and most importantly don't let Derek know and ask Grey and Yang too now back to work.. move" replied Mark Sloan.
In cafeteria all of the friends were sitting and blabbering about the day.
"Derek wants us to find a unique gift for a SHE who seems to be one of the most important person in his life " Meredith said whining and stressing over SHE.
"Sloan also asked us to buy a unique gift for a SHE who is the most important person in his life"replied George.
"Mark told us he will let us scrub in two of his surgeries and even let us do the procedure."said Izzie
"Shepherd too"replied Cristina.
"Sloan warned us to not let Shepherd know"said Alex.
"Shepherd too"replied a surprised Cristina.
"It means this is the same person who means a lot to both of them and they are fighting who will give the better gift"said George realizing the whole situation.
"She must be one hell of a person."said Izzie.
Later that day in Mr Miller's room
Chief Richard Webber was there because Mr Miller was a VIP patient. Dr. Bailey was assisting and he had a very unique case so all interns were there.
Bailey was explaining when Mr. Miller's wife cut her in and said" We just want to meet Dr Shepherd,make us meet him."
"Mrs Miller Dr Shepherd is in surgery he will be coming in a while"answered Bailey.
"Then Doctor we don't want to talk to anybody"replied Mr Miller.
Just then Derek Came.
"Dr. Shepherd these are new scans " Bailey said handing him over the chart.
Shepherd started explaining them everything and said "Mr. Miller there are less than 1% chance that the surgery will be successful ."
"Mr. Miller your tumour it's inoperable and without surgery you will be able to see a good 4-5 years."replied Richard.
"Dr Shepherd do we not know that , we know everything our doctor has explained us everything if we would have not known the risks we would have never come"replied Mr. Miller.
"Dr. Shepherd our doctor sent us here, She promised us that you can do it and you will do it."
"Ms. Miller no one can promise on my behalf and how can you listen a Cardiothoracic surgeon's opinion about brain tumour,think about it today and let me know tomorrow" replied Derek and started going out of the room.
"Elsa Smith " said Mrs Miller and everybody wondered who was she talking about but Derek stopped in his tracks.
"Dr. Elsa Smith sent us here Dr. Shepherd. She promised us on your behalf Dr Shepherd. She told us you will do this surgery. "said Mrs Miller.
"No other doctor can promise on other doctor's behalf Mrs Miller "replied Bailey
"Dr Bailey is right no one can do what Dr Smith has ..."Richard was saying but Derek cut him in "She can." and everybody looked at him shocked.
"What are you saying Derek?"Richard asked him.
"She can promise on my behalf. She can do it. " replied Derek with a mixture of emotions.
He faced towards the couple and said " I will do the surgery Mr and Mrs Miller and I promise you it will be successful."
"You can't promise something like this Shepherd "Richard said in a stern voice but Derek ignored him.No one had seen Derek like this and everybody was surprised was an understatement.
"Page Sloan "said Richard and Mark came. They explained everything to Mark.Mark took the case file "What is their doctors name who said that Derek will do the surgery?" asked Mark still looking into the file.
"Dr. Elsa Smith "replied Richard.
Mark was taken aback and was still processing the doctor's name when Richard said "Please tell him he can't promise something like that niether Dr. Smith can on his .."Richard was saying when Mark cut him in and said "She can. She can promise on his behalf and on my behalf. She can do it and Derek will do the surgery and surgery will definitely be successful "replied Mark.
Noone could process anything and Mark went towards Derek and told him"Derek you have to do this ." Derek nodded smiling ,crying not able to take in everything.
Both of them had tears in their eyes and happiness on their face.
"Mr and Mrs Miller we don't want to intrude but please tell us how is she and she must have grown , do you have her number,her address ,her hospital number anything, please give it to us , please, please" asked Mark expecting something.
"Dr. Sloan ,we just have her email and hospital address but She is shifting from DC but we do have Mr Smith's mobile number,he is a dear friend" replied Mrs Miller.
And both of their hopes shattered and Derek replied " It's okay Mrs. Miller,I will schedule Mr. Miller's surgery in ten days."
"Thank you,we are very grateful"replied Mr. Miller and they nodded and started going outside.
"Dr. Sloan ,Dr Shepherd "said Mrs Miller and they both looked towards her.
"She really misses you both and she talks about both of you a lot.She knows that you guys are doing well. Dr. Sloan she wants you to make amends to Dr. Shepherd and Dr. Shepherd she wants you to choose your happiness and not be guilt ridden if you are divorcing your wife though she wants you to try and work it with Addison and she wants you to try to forgive Mark and Addison if they apologize wholeheartedly. She says that she loves you both immensely. Dr. Sloan she wants you to find somebody and get married and have kids and she promises to come to your wedding. Dr. Shepherd she says that she is very grateful for doing my husband's surgery.
She says she is doing well and sent her regards and good wishes "told Mrs Miller.
But they still looked towards her with expectant eyes.
"They want to know about her honey." said Mr. Miller to his wife.
"She is an amazing woman Dr Sloan ,Dr Shepherd. She still wears that neclace that you guys gave her. She is a very beautiful woman inside out." said Mrs Miller. They both nodded and gave her a small smile.
"Thank you very much Mr and Mrs Miller" said Derek and both cleared their schedule and went to their respective homes.