3. A previous Mentor

You woke up from your nap by the bombarding noise of your phone with the loads of notifications by whom you can only assume was from Niko. You groaned as you didn't get some good sleep as your brain wanted to do something more productive which your body didn't agree on. Getting up from bed as you checked up on your messages.

,________________________________,
[ ✨ Nico-nico knee ✨ 🟢 ]

Niko: Yow dude, Mr. Yamagashi's friend is like near your location

Niko sent a location.

Niko: You gotta check it out, I honestly forgot about til I checked up on some old stuff in the attic

Niko: Man are you dead or what, reply you douche

Niko: bro, you're definitely dead

Niko: Bro, you told me you'd chat, the nerve :weary emoji:

____________________________________

You chuckled at his messages as you replied back to the impatient kid.

__________________________________
[ ✨ Nico-nico knee ✨ 🟢 ]

(Username): Sorry dude, just woke up.

Niko: dude wtf, its like 12mn rn

(Username): You forgot there's a thing called timezones.

Niko: oh

Niko: what time is it in yours?

(Username): 11am.

Niko: Yikes, that's gonna be a problem.

(Username): Yeah kinda, I'll check out the location. Go get some rest you night owl.

Niko: Please, as if you aren't a night owl too

(Username): Right. Catch you later crocodile!

Niko: oh for the love of god dyde not this again, its alligator you son of a-

*(Username) went offline.*

________________________________________

You chuckled as you always ticked him off with the same old joke. Despite you being the serious one for people, you knew damn well both of you are neither serious, just stupid in general.

You got up your bed, stretching as always as you decided to go take a shower and get ready for the day. After cleaning yourself, you dried your hair off with your towel as the rays of the sun hit your (h/c) hair, it radiated nicely on you. You grabbed your favorite (f/c) shirt with some pants and your jacket. You wore your (f/c and branded) shoes and topped it off with your black hat. Checking if you're ready, you grabbed your keys and wallet, your phone also and went out for the day. You walked on the streets of NYC as you saw many lively faces and noisy people. You checked the location your friend sent you before your stomach began to grumble, reminding you that you haven't eaten yet. "Dammit (Y/N), every time..." A sigh leaving out your mouth as you looked at the vendors, buying one waffle treat as your breakfast as you couldn't be helped and continued walking to the location with your food on your mouth.

Time passed by as you saw the location. You saw the word written in bold: Nobuhisa's Training Ground. You stared at the entrance, wondering how to approach the place as you decided to knock on the gate, waiting patiently for a reply. After a while, you hear a few noises as the gate then opens, revealing an old man who seems to be disturbed by your presence. "For the last time, we aren't taking any cookies " the man stated which made you stand there confused as he saw you, fixing his posture. "Ah, my apologies there kid. You wanna join in on the action here?" He asked you as you blinked a couple of times on how to respond to him. "Well sir I-" "Nobu, just call me Nobu" you were cut off by the old man as you nodded at his response.