8. Past few days

«It's been what? Like a week or something since you've been in New York. How good is it?» Niko asked, his voice echoing through the entire apartment by how loud your speaker was since you were in the kitchen making some food.

Like a week and a half dude, still, it's been fine really. One of my neighbors here— the grandma I told you about— yeah she's really sweet, like extremely. Just a few days in and she already started giving me some cookies and drinks.” You stated in the other end as you went back to the couch and sat down, eating your homemade sandwich as you could hear your friend groaning in the call.

Something happened?” You asked as some noises emitted from the other end til Niko answered. «Nah nah, I'm just getting bored here already without you asking me if I wanna spar or go out to some places.» The man admitted as a faint chuckle left your lips by their statement.

Told you, you'd miss me in less than a month.” You mumbled before having another bite of your food while your friend groaned in defeat since he already forgot about that little bet you two did. As you continued eating, you couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Niko was with you when you found the turtles. Highly likely you wouldn't have met them since you 2 normally watched each other's backs but that doesn't mean those eyes you felt weren't gonna leave immediately cause of it.

«Oh by the way» Niko mumbled causing you to focus your attention to the voice more than your thoughts as you asked him what he was gonna say while your mouth was still somewhat full. «Miri's gonna host the next gala in school today. She asked me to help so if I don't reply, I'm probably busy helping her out» He informed you as you could hear light shuffling and steps from the other line.

Aight, good luck on the designs, add in some flare «Sure will, gotta go.» Niko dropped the call as you were left alone with a phone and your finished sandwich. You grabbed a tissue, wiping off your mouth and your hands before throwing it on the trash as you decided to check the time. It was already 4 in the afternoon. You've already drank the medicine Donnie gave you and the bruises aren't visible as much as before. Though when applied more pressure, it'll still probably hurt.

You went to your room to grab some good pair of clothes to change as you decided to pass the time by walking around the crowded pavements and trying some of its world renound pizza. It was good, surprising on how big it was as the cheese pulls weren't that bad neither. You took a pic of it, posting it on your story as you haven't really posted anything in your separate socials and before you know it, it was already night. You left the place, noticing how busy the streets could get on a daily basis and in rush hours. As you continued walking, you wondered how the turtle's been. It wasn't a hallucination or a dream by the bruises you got and Mikey and Leo were still in your contacts. They haven't contacted you, and you haven't contacted them... Maybe you should contacted them when you got home.

On your way back home, you settled back in your room, throwing your shoes to the side of the door as you plopped down and opened your phone and contacts. You scrolled through the names as you wondered who to chat first. Do you chat the blue sneaky turtle or the orange childish one. To be fair, Mikey did give you a call me sign so he might be more open to chatting compared to Leo, so you tried your luck on him first.
⟨______________

[        Mikey   ⚪         📞  📹     ℹ️]

(Username): ‘ Hey Mikey, just checking in. What's up. ’
__________⟩

You sent him a message. Before you could rest easy, his icon suddenly turned green and before you knew it, he was already typing. “Jees that quick...” You thought as he sent a reply
⟨_________________________

[        Mikey   🟢         📞  📹     ℹ️]

{Mikey}: YOOOOOOOO (y/n)!!!

{Mikey}: I didnt expect you to message man cowabunga

{Mikey}: Im doing okay here dude. Me and the others are just chillin. How bout youzz?

{Mikey}: *???

___________⟩

His messages were sent surprisingly fast and in bulk rather than being sent in one complete chat. You gave a faint chuckle at the little guy's activeness as you decided to chat him back on his question...

_______________________________

Author's note: Yeah I decided to jump back in. I frankly have no idea what I'm typing but I'm surprised over you guys actually bookmarking this book. No idea if I should legit continue this but its got something already going on for a plot lmao