Part 1

The crisp, cool air of october made my eyes water. I pulled my sleeves over my hands and wiped my nose. I was sitting on my lawn waiting for my boyfriend, Brian, to come pick me up for school. I'm a senior at Hemmings High in Santa Barbara, California. I know what you're thinking. Santa Barbara? so luxourious. Think again. One more year in this hell hole. Then I fly to New York to go to NYU. Just trying to get through this year if you know what I mean. The banged up sadan pulled up to my house and honked. I quickly stood up and jogged to the car. Brian gave me a kiss on the cheek and began to drive. "You look nice." he muttered. "Thanks." I replied. The radio was the only thing that I could hear. It was silence the whole way. We have been together for 8 months, and I can tell it's fizzling out everyday. I try my best though, it's nice to know you have someone in highschool. I just pulled out my phone and started to text my friends so it wouldn't be so awkward. Finally, he started to ask me how my morning was and what colleges I have applied to. I answered with one word replies and tried to avoid eye contact. School had just started a few days ago, and I was surprised me and Brian lasted over the summer. I'm convinced he cheated, but I have no proof so I'll let things play out.