Part 15

The next day I walked to school alone. I noticed Danny at his locker. The thought of walking up and trying to talk to him came across, but I fished it away. His eyes caught mine at a point and he just looked down at the ground and walked away. In all of our classes, we didn't speak one word to each other. It started to hurt me. I got this feeling in the pit of my stomache that I have never felt before. So much was on my mind. I came to the conclusion that I cannot lose Danny. No matter what. When the bell ran I zoomed outside and slid down the brick wall, with my head in my hands. My thoughts were trying to suffocate me. I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to go home and lock myself in my room. What else can I do? I heard foot steps coming up to me. Soon, a familiar figure was kneeled down across from me on the pavement. "Go away." I muttered. "You hate me now, I understand." I could feel the tears bottling up, about to explode. "I don't hate you. I could never hate you. I kissed you didn't I?" Danny replied, chuckling. "Jackie." "Mhm." "Look at me." I lifted my head until my vision was focused on his shoes. He reached over and pulled my chin up so that my gaze was fully on his eyes. I touched his hand. He pulled back and looked away. "Liar. You hate me. You didn't even talk to me at all today. And you know what Danny? It hurt." "I couldnt talk to you because ever since I saw you pull that black beanie over your eyes the day I met you I was hooked. And It killed me seeing you with that douche. I'm sorry, but it's me or Brian." and with that, he stood up and walked away.