Part 6

I sat down at my little corner seat and started to pick at my food. It didn't look very appetizing, so I slid it aside. I was staring at Brian with his friends when I noticed a broad figure sit down across from me. "Hi again." It was Danny. Now, my only friend. "Hi" I sighed. "You okay?" "Yea." He followed my gaze to where Brian and his friends were. "Oh that guy, he bumped into me earlier. He seems like a total douche." It was true. He had changed, lots of people were. I guess senior year does that to you. I had never really understood how he fell for me in the first place. I was always the socially awkard kid with the beanie covering her forhead and he was the outgoing quarter back on the foootball team. I don't know how we've been together so long. "That's my boyfriend." I layed my head on the table and closed my eyes. "Oh." an embarrassed look washed over Danny's face. "I'm sorry he might be a coo-" "No no stop I know. We've grown apart so much. To be honest, I don't even know how he liked me in the first place." I kept my head down and started to grown. "Well I wouldn't look now because some girl looks like she's about to..." my head shot up as I noticed a tall brunette laughing with Brian. "I'll be back." I said. I heard him say "Ok I'm gonna eat your brownie"